DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Framing a new closet door (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/588259-framing-new-closet-door.html)

[email protected] March 31st 17 06:40 PM

Framing a new closet door

Hi,
I'm framing a closet in my basement. The pre-hung door I bought says it needs 81.75" height for rough framing and I need to set the framing across the top of the door (the "header", I guess). Floor is currently concrete and I've yet to install:

1. Tile Membrane (i.e. Schluter Ditra) and any required adhesive for this
2. thinset mortar.
3. ceramic tile.

What's a reasonable thickness to assume for these three so that I can set the door header?

Many thanks
Theodore

Ed Pawlowski March 31st 17 07:00 PM

Framing a new closet door

On 3/31/2017 1:40 PM, wrote:
Hi,
I'm framing a closet in my basement. The pre-hung door I bought says it needs 81.75" height for rough framing and I need to set the framing across the top of the door (the "header", I guess). Floor is currently concrete and I've yet to install:

1. Tile Membrane (i.e. Schluter Ditra) and any required adhesive for this
2. thinset mortar.
3. ceramic tile.

What's a reasonable thickness to assume for these three so that I can set the door header?

Many thanks
Theodore

Id allow: thickness of known material + 1/4" for adhesive + 1/4" just in
case. Gap at the base of a closet door is not a big deal and easier
than having to trim the door later.