DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   wall painting (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/58762-wall-painting.html)

Patt June 14th 04 06:26 AM

wall painting

Anyone have a helpfull tip for interior painting. I have to put two coats
on the walls (latex), and I only want to cut the ceiling in once to save
time. Anyway to do that so it doesn`t show a fainter color at the top of
wall? Thanks.
Patt

Joe Bobst June 14th 04 03:36 PM

wall painting

Anyway to do that so it doesn`t show a fainter color at the top of wall?

Have you tried blue painters tape?

Joe

xrongor June 14th 04 08:23 PM

wall painting

i know you want to save time, so save it. prime the ceiling, then paint the
ceiling. you wont save time today, but 3 or 4 years from now you wont be
painting again and thats where you will save time.

randy

dpsours June 14th 04 10:13 PM

wall painting

"Patt" wrote in message news:RFazc.714536$Pk3.486890@pd7tw1no...
Anyone have a helpfull tip for interior painting. I have to put two coats
on the walls (latex), and I only want to cut the ceiling in once to save
time. Anyway to do that so it doesn`t show a fainter color at the top of
wall? Thanks.
Patt

Make sure you prime. If you're using a dark color, use tinted primer.
Then, use good quality, fairly large (3-4") brush that is well loaded
with paint. Under these circumstances, you might get lucky and get
away with one coat, but I doubt it.