DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Amanna Refrigerator Water Leak (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/587075-amanna-refrigerator-water-leak.html)

[email protected] March 6th 17 04:53 PM

Amanna Refrigerator Water Leak

I have an old Amana frost free refrigerator in my garage I use for cold storage. the ice maker is not hooked up and water is now dripping out of the left side of the door. What should I check for first?

Oren[_2_] March 6th 17 05:00 PM

On Mon, 6 Mar 2017 08:53:17 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I have an old Amana frost free refrigerator in my garage I use for cold storage. the ice maker is not hooked up and water is now dripping out of the left side of the door. What should I check for first?

Does it have a water dispenser in the door?

Put your model number in here and look for the schematics.

https://www.repairclinic.com/

Post the link URL back here.

RonNNN March 6th 17 05:29 PM

Amanna Refrigerator Water Leak

In article ,
says...

I have an old Amana frost free refrigerator in my garage I use for cold storage. the ice maker is not hooked up and water is now dripping out of the left side of the door. What should I check for first?

Check for a clogged (or frozen closed) drain at the bottom in the freezer
compartment.

--
RonNNN

[email protected] March 6th 17 05:36 PM

Amanna Refrigerator Water Leak

On Monday, March 6, 2017 at 9:30:01 AM UTC-8, RonNNN wrote:
In article ,
says...

I have an old Amana frost free refrigerator in my garage I use for cold storage. the ice maker is not hooked up and water is now dripping out of the left side of the door. What should I check for first?

Check for a clogged (or frozen closed) drain at the bottom in the freezer
compartment.

--
RonNNN

I will do that first.

Terry Coombs[_2_] March 6th 17 05:43 PM

Oren wrote:
On Mon, 6 Mar 2017 08:53:17 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I have an old Amana frost free refrigerator in my garage I use for
cold storage. the ice maker is not hooked up and water is now
dripping out of the left side of the door. What should I check for
first?

Does it have a water dispenser in the door?

Put your model number in here and look for the schematics.

https://www.repairclinic.com/

Post the link URL back here.

He said the ice maker wasn't hookrd up , which I took to mean that the
water supply was not hooked up . That leaves the condensate drain/evap
coil/defrost system as the only possible source . Drain line might be iced ,
might have that algae that forms a gel .
--
Snag

Oren[_2_] March 6th 17 06:08 PM

Amanna Refrigerator Water Leak

On Mon, 6 Mar 2017 11:43:02 -0600, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Oren wrote:
On Mon, 6 Mar 2017 08:53:17 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I have an old Amana frost free refrigerator in my garage I use for
cold storage. the ice maker is not hooked up and water is now
dripping out of the left side of the door. What should I check for
first?

Does it have a water dispenser in the door?

Put your model number in here and look for the schematics.

https://www.repairclinic.com/

Post the link URL back here.

He said the ice maker wasn't hookrd up , which I took to mean that the
water supply was not hooked up . That leaves the condensate drain/evap
coil/defrost system as the only possible source . Drain line might be iced ,
might have that algae that forms a gel .

Agree. Wasn't thinking about a clogged drain or frozen line.

Uncle Monster[_2_] March 6th 17 10:54 PM

On Monday, March 6, 2017 at 10:53:21 AM UTC-6, wrote:
I have an old Amana frost free refrigerator in my garage I use for cold storage. the ice maker is not hooked up and water is now dripping out of the left side of the door. What should I check for first?

The defrost drain may be stopped up. Is it a side by side refrigerator? Freezer to the left and refrigerator section to the right? (・_・ヾ

[8~{} Uncle Ice Monster

RonNNN March 10th 17 08:23 PM

Amanna Refrigerator Water Leak

In article ,
says...

On Monday, March 6, 2017 at 9:30:01 AM UTC-8, RonNNN wrote:
In article ,
says...

I have an old Amana frost free refrigerator in my garage I use for cold storage. the ice maker is not hooked up and water is now dripping out of the left side of the door. What should I check for first?

Check for a clogged (or frozen closed) drain at the bottom in the freezer
compartment.

--
RonNNN

I will do that first.

Just wondering if you fixed the problem, and if so was that what was the
cause.

--
RonNNN

[email protected] March 11th 17 06:00 PM

Amanna Refrigerator Water Leak

On Friday, March 10, 2017 at 12:22:59 PM UTC-8, RonNNN wrote:
In article ,
says...

On Monday, March 6, 2017 at 9:30:01 AM UTC-8, RonNNN wrote:
In article ,
says...

I have an old Amana frost free refrigerator in my garage I use for cold storage. the ice maker is not hooked up and water is now dripping out of the left side of the door. What should I check for first?

Check for a clogged (or frozen closed) drain at the bottom in the freezer
compartment.

--
RonNNN

I will do that first.

Just wondering if you fixed the problem, and if so was that what was the
cause.

--
RonNNN

Yes after talking to an old tech rep. He told me that having the refrigerator
in the garage during this long cold winter and the low temp. in my garage the water did not have enough time to evaporate.