DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   dried polyeurthane remival from ceramic tile (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/587062-dried-polyeurthane-remival-ceramic-tile.html)

cobweb March 6th 17 12:44 PM

dried polyeurthane remival from ceramic tile

I put polyeurthane on table legs that had been replaced. _not thinking clearly
I just put paper towel _under legs to catch any runs. what was I thinking. of
course when dried & time for removing pt it didn't all come up.Now under the
legs is "some" dried urethane & "some" pt bits.
suggestions please

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...e-1126231-.htm

slate_leeper March 6th 17 01:23 PM

dried polyeurthane remival from ceramic tile

On Mon, 06 Mar 2017 12:44:05 GMT, cobweb
m wrote:

I put polyeurthane on table legs that had been replaced. _not thinking clearly
I just put paper towel _under legs to catch any runs. what was I thinking. of
course when dried & time for removing pt it didn't all come up.Now under the
legs is "some" dried urethane & "some" pt bits.
suggestions please

The person I bought my last house from had put polyurethane on the
wooden walls. Unfortunately he had never heard of that fabulous new
invention called "masking tape." I found that removing the thoroughly
dried stuff on the floors, sinks, tubs, toilets, etc., was relatively
easy using just a sharp single-edge razor blade and working slowly to
separate and lift it from the surfaces.

-dan z-

Colonel Edmund J. Burke[_16_] March 6th 17 02:12 PM

COBWEB GOTS "dried polyeurthane remival from ceramic tile"

On 3/6/2017 4:44 AM, cobweb wrote:
I put polyeurthane on table legs that had been replaced. _not thinking
clearly
I just put paper towel _under legs to catch any runs. what was I
thinking. of
course when dried & time for removing pt it didn't all come up.Now
under the
legs is "some" dried urethane & "some" pt bits. suggestions please

How did the "remival" go?
Just askin'. Did BrennASS go his goat show for ya?

Colonel Edmund J. Burke[_16_] March 6th 17 02:36 PM

OLD COBWEBS SAYS, "dried polyeurthane remival from ceramic tile"(Remival from.....)

On 3/6/2017 5:23 AM, slate_leeper fibbed a little:

The person I bought my last house from .......

Last house? How many were there?
10? 20? 50?