DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Save removal abandoned front yard gas lamp? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/586188-re-save-removal-abandoned-front-yard-gas-lamp.html)

Michael Meszaros February 18th 17 06:14 PM

Save removal abandoned front yard gas lamp?

replying to ameijers, Michael Meszaros wrote:
Unfortunately, ours is connected outside under the front lawn. I will call the
gas company and let you know the result.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...mp-545398-.htm

trader_4 February 18th 17 09:28 PM

On Saturday, February 18, 2017 at 1:14:07 PM UTC-5, Michael Meszaros wrote:
replying to ameijers, Michael Meszaros wrote:
Unfortunately, ours is connected outside under the front lawn. I will call the
gas company and let you know the result.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...mp-545398-.htm

Please hurry. Ameijers has been waiting 13 years for the answer.
Homemoaners, clueless as ever.

propertymanagementtips April 7th 17 09:14 PM

Save removal abandoned front yard gas lamp?

replying to trader_4, propertymanagementtips wrote:
Kind of a rude comment. Personally, just ran into a situation where an HOA
notified us that the lantern has to be working (new board, now enforcing long
forgotten rules) so I stumbled on this thread which gave us some good ideas on
next steps.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...mp-545398-.htm

propertymanagementtips April 7th 17 09:14 PM

Save removal abandoned front yard gas lamp?

replying to trader_4, propertymanagementtips wrote:
Oh ha, I get it now. Original post was from 2004. Speaks to how outdated
these lanterns are.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...mp-545398-.htm

RacStar May 5th 19 01:44 AM

Save removal abandoned front yard gas lamp?

replying to Michael Meszaros, RacStar wrote:
What was the result? I live in DC and would like mine removed

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...mp-545398-.htm

T[_9_] July 4th 19 03:44 PM

Save removal abandoned front yard gas lamp?

replying to Michael Meszaros, T wrote:
Hello,
Were you able to find out who removes these gas lights from the front yard?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...mp-545398-.htm

Peter[_36_] July 4th 19 04:08 PM

On 7/4/2019 10:44 AM, T wrote:
replying to Michael Meszaros, T wrote:
Hello,
Were you able to find out who removes these gas lights from the front yard?

Outdated suggestion to call the gas company is still valid, as ownership
laws and utility codes vary by jurisdiction.

---

RC September 2nd 20 08:00 PM

Save removal abandoned front yard gas lamp?

I have similar inquiry. Hello - we have a non working gas lamp post that we would like to just knock down. Is it possible to turn off that line then remove the lamp post it does that line need to be cap.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...mp-545398-.htm

Ed Pawlowski[_3_] September 2nd 20 08:47 PM

On 9/2/2020 3:00 PM, RC wrote:
I have similar inquiry. Hello - we have a non working gas lamp post that
we would like to just knock down. Is it possible to turn off that line
then remove the lamp post it does that line need to be cap.

Best is to cut the line where you are turning it off and capping there.
If you turn it off and don't cap you just never know what can happen
down the line. Break it at the valve and cap or plug and be done.