DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   For those with a Kilowatt meter (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/586109-those-kilowatt-meter.html)

Seymore4Head February 16th 17 07:51 PM

For those with a Kilowatt meter

Do monitors have any measurable power when they are off?
How much power do they use in sleep mode?

trader_4 February 16th 17 08:48 PM

On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 2:58:59 PM UTC-5, Seymore4Head wrote:
Do monitors have any measurable power when they are off?
How much power do they use in sleep mode?

I have one, but IDK where it is at the moment. Why don't you just
look up the specs for the actual monitor in question? I would
expect it's zero or very close to that when off. The spec sheet
should have the power used when in sleep mode.

burfordTjustice February 16th 17 09:16 PM

For those with a Kilowatt meter

Again you throw **** up against the wall and hope something sticks.