DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   American mailboxes (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/585930-american-mailboxes.html)

rbowman February 19th 17 06:44 PM

American mailboxes

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 01:54:23 -0000, rbowman wrote:

America must have a lot of bad guys then.

Chicago, Baltimore, West Memphis, Cleveland, Detroit, South Central...

What EVERYONE in there?

For South Central and Detroit, probably. The other large cities require
a native guide to inform you of the bad areas. The first time I was in
Chicago, the desk clerk at the hotel said "Enjoy your stay. Just don't
go south of Roosevelt Road."

Most whites in the very large US cities are like Syrian refugees; they
flee the war zones for greener pastures.

[email protected] February 19th 17 06:46 PM

American mailboxes

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 11:30:09 -0700, rbowman

A lot of it comes via the postman. The postmen here don't bother
putting it through unless they're at the door for normal post anyway.
Not sure if that's what they're meant to be doing....

The sender has paid to have the mail delivered, junk or not. Your
postmen are shirking their duty.

The only person I have ever heard of being fired from the postal
service was over junk mail. Everyone still got their junk mail but if
he knew everyone got one, he just gave everyone one, no matter who's
name was on it. Someone complained and they fired him.

Bod[_3_] February 19th 17 06:48 PM

American mailboxes

On 19/02/2017 17:54, wrote:
On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 17:28:47 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 17:24:07 -0000, wrote:

Unless you live in the city, your mail carrier never gets out of the
truck.

Incorrect in the UK. Ours actually work for their pay and walk to each door.

I guess that is because your doors are just a few meters apart. Around
here it is more like 50-60 meters each. When I walk an association
paper around my little neighborhood, it takes about 4-5 hours to hit
100 doors. This is not even that rural. There are places right up the
road (same postal route) where the houses are 200 meters from the
road., A little farther east the houses may be a KM apart.

Many parts of Scotland/Cornwall/Devon etc are like that and they all get
mail delivered through their letterboxes.

---
http://www.avg.com

[email protected] February 19th 17 06:54 PM

American mailboxes

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 10:29:30 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Sunday, February 19, 2017 at 12:24:30 PM UTC-5, wrote:

Unless you live in the city, your mail carrier never gets out of the
truck.

Well, not exactly. It's not just city vs. rural. There is an in-between.

I don't live within the city borders. I live in a town with roughly 25K
houses. Very, very few have mailboxes accessible from the road. Most have
mailboxes mounted outside the front door. Some of the newer tracts within
the town have street side mailboxes, but that is a small number compared
to the rest of the town.

I do my carrier a favor by snow blowing a path across the front of my house
so she has a clear path from my neighbor's door to mine. Saves her trudging
through deep snow or walking back and forth from the street. It may be a nit
in her overall walking, but she's thanked me for it as did the previous,
now retired, carrier.

I have not lived in a place where there was direct house delivered
mail since the JFK administration. I either had central area mail
boxes for several homes or a road side box. Door to door delivery went
away as soon as I moved to Maryland and I am not sure there is any in
my whole county in Florida. (Not even in the city of Ft Myers or Cape
Coral).

James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] February 19th 17 06:59 PM

American mailboxes

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 18:42:32 -0000, Bod wrote:

On 19/02/2017 17:17, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Sunday, February 19, 2017 at 10:40:34 AM UTC-6, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 16:32:59 -0000, Uncle Monster wrote:

On Sunday, February 19, 2017 at 7:53:30 AM UTC-6, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 08:20:41 -0000, Bod wrote:

Our letterboxes on our houses have a flap that shuts automatically as
soon as the letters go through the flap.

A spring is far too complicated a device for an American to understand. Stop making fun of them!
--

Years ago, I had a brass mail slot with a flap installed in the door of my business. It used a very complicated system to close the flap that my Limey cousins have yet to comprehend. It's called gravity and it worked every time.
ヽ(€¢€¿€¢)ノ

Too many have strong springs on the inner flap, which means you try to push the letter through and it pushes it back out! The outside flap should be sprung to prevent the wind flapping it, the inside should be gravity controlled.
--

I liked it when the wind caused the brass flap to flap. It was my storm alarm which was my signal to check my vehicle windows and look skyward to see just how ugly the weather was about to get. I've seen the wind from a thunderstorm take down a brick wall. Around here, there are sometimes straight line winds that are more destructive than a tornado. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Brass Monster

Didn't the rain get in the flap when the wind drives the rain into the
flapping flap?

Flap would have sufficed, there is no need for swearword adjectives.

--
There was an old man from Limerick,
Who was completely unaware of the short often humorous poems that shared the same name as his hometown.

DerbyDad03 February 19th 17 07:23 PM

American mailboxes

wrote:

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 17:24:07 -0000, wrote:

Unless you live in the city, your mail carrier never gets out of the
truck.

Incorrect in the UK. Ours actually work for their pay and walk to each door.

I guess that is because your doors are just a few meters apart. Around
here it is more like 50-60 meters each. When I walk an association
paper around my little neighborhood, it takes about 4-5 hours to hit
100 doors. This is not even that rural. There are places right up the
road (same postal route) where the houses are 200 meters from the
road., A little farther east the houses may be a KM apart.

Many parts of Scotland/Cornwall/Devon etc are like that and they all get
mail delivered through their letterboxes.

Then I can only assume US postmen are lazy ****s.

Frigging idiot. I already said that my mail gets delivered directly to
my front door.

"Postmen" is outdated. My mail carrier is female. She is neither lazy nor
a ****. She was early one day and I mentioned that I didn't have something
I wanted mailed ready yet. She said she'd be back at her truck in about a
half hour and would swing by on her way to her next stop. She showed up as
promised and took my mail. Very nice lady.

You're the ****.

James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] February 19th 17 07:34 PM

American mailboxes

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 02:08:51 -0000, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 18 Feb 2017 18:20:57 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

It's all fun and games until someone gets killed, which is 100 times more likely in your backwards country.

The Americas are not for wimps.

... nor subjects under a Monarch

No, just an endless supply of monarch wannabes. I liked the Mel Gibson
line at the beginning of 'The Patriot'. 'Do we want one tyrant a
thousand miles away or a thousand tyrants a mile away?'

The brits forget that the were invaded, conquered and enslaved. Next
time will be Ahmed doing it.

Ahmed will take over the whole planet, because every civilised country is too damn stupid to realise what's happening, they're all too politically correct.

--
Bakers trade bread recipes on a kneadtoknow basis.

James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] February 19th 17 07:35 PM

American mailboxes

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 03:53:48 -0000, wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword wrote: "Some postmen here have been stupid enough to put things in the recycling wheelybin. If the bin is collected
before the owner spots the package."

???

Are they the same people who enter parkways via the
EXIT ramp, driving the wrong way into oncoming
traffic?

smh. Really DUMB

Probably.

--
Mary had a little lamb, it walked into a pylon. 10,000 volts went up its arse, and turned its wool to nylon.

DerbyDad03 February 19th 17 07:45 PM

American mailboxes

On Sunday, February 19, 2017 at 1:47:03 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 11:30:09 -0700, rbowman

A lot of it comes via the postman. The postmen here don't bother
putting it through unless they're at the door for normal post anyway.
Not sure if that's what they're meant to be doing....

The sender has paid to have the mail delivered, junk or not. Your
postmen are shirking their duty.

The only person I have ever heard of being fired from the postal
service was over junk mail. Everyone still got their junk mail but if
he knew everyone got one, he just gave everyone one, no matter who's
name was on it. Someone complained and they fired him.

I don't know if they fired this guy but...

I was expected a part for my car - something I wanted to install that
weekend. On Thursday I checked the tracking number while at work and it
said it had been delivered. I got home and found nothing. No package,
no mail.

I called the local post office the next day and spoke to a manager. I
was told that my normal carrier had called in sick. A substitute carrier -
apparently a temp worker - had screwed the whole day up. It had been a day
of torrential downpours and the only part of the Postal Creed that this guy
believed in was "the swift completion of their appointed rounds."

He apparently mis-delivered mail and packages all along his route. People
had been calling and complaining all day. Wet mail, single houses getting the
mail for 2 or 3, etc. No one knew the status of my package because it had
been "delivered" and until someone decided to return it, I was out of luck.

I ended up having to re-order the part and wait another week for it to be
delivered. When I explained the situation to the vendor, he said that I could
return the original order whenever it showed up as long as it wasn't damaged,
but I had to pay shipping for the new part and shipping to return the original
- if it ever showed up.

5 days later, the original order was left on someone's porch for the carrier
to pick up. I guess they didn't need a transmission cooler for a Honda Odyssey,
but I don't know why it took them 5 days to decide that.

The carrier delivered the package so I called the local post office back
and spoke to the same manager. He pulled some magic out of his hat and waived
the return shipping charge back to the vendor.

In the end, I paid one extra shipping charge from the vendor and had to tow
(luckily a light load) without the transmission cooler installed.

I sure hope they fired that guy and maybe even charged him for breaking some
postal law.

James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] February 19th 17 07:56 PM

American mailboxes

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 02:19:32 -0000, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 18 Feb 2017 18:36:47 -0700, rbowman

You don't find it disgusting to put another animal inside you? You
don't know where it's been.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...lled-two-in-uk

Do you know where you salad has been?

"A man wearing what appeared to be a Dominos Pizza worker uniform was
allegedly caught stocking up on food for his franchise location at an
Aldi grocery store in the U.K.

A shopper named Caroline Foskett spotted the man on Friday during his
shopping trip to the Aldi in Dartford, Kent, and photographed him
piling frozen chicken wings, frozen chicken strips and pre-made
buckets of coleslaw into his cart."

https://tinyurl.com/juhz7q2

What has this to do with the subject in hand?

And what's wrong with one shop using another for supplies?

--
Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia - The fear of long words.

James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] February 19th 17 07:56 PM

American mailboxes

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 02:30:05 -0000, wrote:

On Sat, 18 Feb 2017 18:36:47 -0700, rbowman

You don't find it disgusting to put another animal inside you? You
don't know where it's been.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...lled-two-in-uk

Do you know where you salad has been?

Yes it is ironic that there is more fecal matter in vegetables than
there is in a steak. In fact the center of a piece of meat is pretty
clean.

It's entirely composed of something which has been dead for a long time. That tends to mean nasty things grow in it.

--
A daughter asked her mother how to spell penis, her mum said you should have asked me last night it was on the tip of my tongue.

DerbyDad03 February 19th 17 08:06 PM

American mailboxes

On Sunday, February 19, 2017 at 2:56:40 PM UTC-5, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 02:30:05 -0000, wrote:

On Sat, 18 Feb 2017 18:36:47 -0700, rbowman

You don't find it disgusting to put another animal inside you? You
don't know where it's been.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...lled-two-in-uk

Do you know where you salad has been?

Yes it is ironic that there is more fecal matter in vegetables than
there is in a steak. In fact the center of a piece of meat is pretty
clean.

It's entirely composed of something which has been dead for a long time. That tends to mean nasty things grow in it.

Frigging idiot. I can only imagine the nasty things growing on you.

Mr Pounder Esquire February 19th 17 08:18 PM

American mailboxes

Sword wrote:
On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 02:30:05 -0000, wrote:

On Sat, 18 Feb 2017 18:36:47 -0700, rbowman

You don't find it disgusting to put another animal inside you?
You don't know where it's been.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...lled-two-in-uk

Do you know where you salad has been?

Yes it is ironic that there is more fecal matter in vegetables than
there is in a steak. In fact the center of a piece of meat is pretty
clean.

It's entirely composed of something which has been dead for a long
time. That tends to mean nasty things grow in it.

Frigging idiot. I can only imagine the nasty things growing on you.

"The cat ****ed all over my mattress. I just sprayed the mattress with a can
of cheap Asda air freshener and it was fine".
(Peter Hucker aka James Wilkinson Sword etc, etc. etc)
Who has no hot running water in his stinking house.

Mr Pounder Esquire February 19th 17 08:31 PM

American mailboxes

rbowman wrote:
A lot of it comes via the postman. The postmen here don't bother
putting it through unless they're at the door for normal post anyway.
Not sure if that's what they're meant to be doing....

The sender has paid to have the mail delivered, junk or not. Your
postmen are shirking their duty.

The postman gets paid for delivering junk mail.
They need to wipe their feet after exiting the Hucker ********.

Cindy Hamilton[_2_] February 19th 17 09:11 PM

American mailboxes

wrote:

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 17:24:07 -0000, wrote:

Unless you live in the city, your mail carrier never gets out of the
truck.

Incorrect in the UK. Ours actually work for their pay and walk to each door.

I guess that is because your doors are just a few meters apart. Around
here it is more like 50-60 meters each. When I walk an association
paper around my little neighborhood, it takes about 4-5 hours to hit
100 doors. This is not even that rural. There are places right up the
road (same postal route) where the houses are 200 meters from the
road., A little farther east the houses may be a KM apart.

Many parts of Scotland/Cornwall/Devon etc are like that and they all get
mail delivered through their letterboxes.

Then I can only assume US postmen are lazy ****s.

It's not the postmen.

We try to get the most mail delivered for the least money.
(Sorry your carrier wastes your money.)

The way to do that is to have them walk as few steps as possible.
Therefore, mailboxes are increasingly located at the side of the road
or centrally located within a subdivision.

Cindy Hamilton

James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] February 19th 17 09:25 PM

American mailboxes

wrote:

[...]

So you're all paying a tiny amount of money but having to walk up and down your drives all the time. And they told me America was rich.

--
Sarchasm (n): The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Sam A February 19th 17 09:26 PM

American mailboxes

[snip]

You don't find it disgusting to put another animal inside you? You
don't know where it's been.

I always keep a distinction between cows (animals) and beef (food).

Would you eat a plant growing out of a cow patty, knowing it's recycled
****?

Sam E February 19th 17 09:34 PM

American mailboxes

[snip]

Why give yourself extra things to do? You pay the mail company to
deliver mail, then have to go fetch it yourself?!

Would you like them to read if for you, then recycle it for you too?

I once read a story where some people always kept their eyes closed
(even though they could see fine if they opened them). They paid
servants to do all their seeing for them, including reading their mail.

Mark Lloyd[_12_] February 19th 17 09:39 PM

American mailboxes

On 02/18/2017 07:36 PM, rbowman wrote:

You don't find it disgusting to put another animal inside you? You
don't know where it's been.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...lled-two-in-uk

Do you know where you salad has been?

I've seen a city family visiting an apple orchard. One of the kids
picks an apple and starts eating it. Her mother yells "Don't put that in
your mouth. You don't know where it's been."

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"All religions are founded on the fear of the many and the cleverness of
the few." -- Marie Henri Beyle (Stendhal)

Mark Lloyd[_12_] February 19th 17 09:44 PM

American mailboxes

On 02/19/2017 08:23 AM, Paul wrote:

[snip]

All I get is junkmail so I've considered putting a mail slot on a trash
can.

A few times I found a $2 bill on junk mail (IIRC always from a "charity"
wanting more in return).

Mark Lloyd[_12_] February 19th 17 09:50 PM

American mailboxes

[snip]

I also often get 2 or 3 of one leaflet, perhaps they're trying to get
rid of them more easily :-)

I used to live om Elm street. There was a company sending me catalogs. I
would get 2 or each catalog. Both to the same name and address, except
one would have the street as "Elm" and the other as "Eln". Since it's a
small town and there's no Eln street (maybe because its too hard to
pronounce), the mail carrier knew what to do.

DerbyDad03 February 19th 17 09:50 PM

American mailboxes

wrote:

[...]

Frigging idiot. 'nuff said.

Mark Lloyd[_12_] February 19th 17 09:56 PM

American mailboxes

[snip]

No wind here has done anything more than a flimsy fence being damaged.

The only time I have experienced scary weather was with the tornado that
came through in 2015. Actually my first warning was seeing Softee
(normally an outside cat) inside.

Mark Lloyd[_12_] February 19th 17 10:05 PM

American mailboxes

On 02/19/2017 11:54 AM, wrote:

[snip]

There are places right up the
road (same postal route) where the houses are 200 meters from the
road.

I grew up in a place like that. Never measured the distance, but 200
meters sounds right. There were a lot of trees too, so the driveway was
like a country road. The front yard was just as private as the back
yard. The mailbox was than 200 meters away, on the other side of the
road. IIRC my father picked up the mail in his truck while working on
the farm.

Oren[_2_] February 19th 17 10:09 PM

American mailboxes

wrote:

It's all fun and games until someone gets killed, which is 100
times more likely in your backwards country.

The Americas are not for wimps.

... nor subjects under a Monarch

No, just an endless supply of monarch wannabes. I liked the Mel
Gibson line at the beginning of 'The Patriot'. 'Do we want one
tyrant a thousand miles away or a thousand tyrants a mile away?'

The brits forget that the were invaded, conquered and enslaved. Next
time will be Ahmed doing it.

Ahmed will take over the whole planet, because every civilised
country is too damn stupid to realise what's happening, they're all
too politically correct.

Agreed.

Maybe in your world. Have you counted the guns on my street? Come
****in' around this neighborhood. Start some **** and watch. Predators
pick on the weak. Look at what is happening in Europe, UK and other
pussyfied countries. A bunch of pansy assed bleeding heart do-gooders.

Spit.

Cindy Hamilton[_2_] February 19th 17 10:12 PM

American mailboxes

wrote:

[...]

It does no harm to walk down the drive. Mine is only 100 feet long.

Cindy Hamilton

Mark Lloyd[_12_] February 19th 17 10:19 PM

American mailboxes

On 02/19/2017 12:54 PM, wrote:

[snip]

I have not lived in a place where there was direct house delivered
mail since the JFK administration. I either had central area mail
boxes for several homes or a road side box. Door to door delivery went
away as soon as I moved to Maryland and I am not sure there is any in
my whole county in Florida. (Not even in the city of Ft Myers or Cape
Coral).

My father had mail delivery through a slot in the door until 1992. It
was in an older section of town. The newer areas use rural-type boxes
along the street.

OT: My mother liked a TV show called "It Takes a Thief". For some
strange reason, she almost always called it "To Catch a Thief".

Uncle Monster[_2_] February 19th 17 10:21 PM

American mailboxes

On Sunday, February 19, 2017 at 12:35:47 PM UTC-6, rbowman wrote:
On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 01:52:36 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On Sat, 18 Feb 2017 17:36:33 -0000, wrote:

On Sat, 18 Feb 2017 17:16:40 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

It's all fun and games until someone gets killed, which is 100 times
more likely in your backwards country.

The Americas are not for wimps.

You don't see the problem with killing each other?

Survival of the fittest. Considering the demographics of who is killing
whom, it might improve the gene pool.

Fittest and most accurate with a gun are not the same thing.

Surviving to reproduce is the only criteria. The West fails to
understand that basic concept. Little side projects like inventing
driverless cars mean nothing in the long run if you cannot conserve the
genetic heritage.

Muslims from 3rd World countries are invading then breeding like rabbits while the native population of Western 1st World countries are having few if any children. Anyone who says Caucasians need to have more children is called a racist. It could come to pass in my lifetime that the native people of Western countries go to war with the invasive species from the Muslim world. Lots of guns will be used. ”Œ( à²*_à²*)”˜

[8~{} Uncle Armed Monster

Mark Lloyd[_12_] February 19th 17 10:25 PM

American mailboxes

On 02/19/2017 01:45 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

[snip]

5 days later, the original order was left on someone's porch for the carrier
to pick up. I guess they didn't need a transmission cooler for a Honda Odyssey,
but I don't know why it took them 5 days to decide that.

I once ordered a small part (less than half an ounce), and had that
problem. It took a week for the wrong recipient to return it.

[snip]

DerbyDad03 February 19th 17 10:25 PM

American mailboxes

On Sunday, February 19, 2017 at 4:50:32 PM UTC-5, Mark Lloyd wrote:

[snip]

I also often get 2 or 3 of one leaflet, perhaps they're trying to get
rid of them more easily :-)

I used to live om Elm street. There was a company sending me catalogs. I
would get 2 or each catalog. Both to the same name and address, except
one would have the street as "Elm" and the other as "Eln". Since it's a
small town and there's no Eln street (maybe because its too hard to
pronounce), the mail carrier knew what to do.

For the first 25 years that we lived at (fake) 123 Oak we would get mail
for 123 Maple maybe once a month. 123 Maple is on the same route as mine and
we had the same carrier for all that time. Really nice guy.

About 5 years ago he retired and was replaced by an equally nice mail carrier. He must have taught her well because we still get mail for 123 Maple maybe
once a month. :-)

Uncle Monster[_2_] February 19th 17 10:29 PM

American mailboxes

On Sunday, February 19, 2017 at 12:42:36 PM UTC-6, Bod wrote:
[...]

Flappy(my pet name for the flap) never leaked which is more than I can say for the other pets I've owned. Flappy was hinged from the top so that when driving rain hit the door, Flappy was pushed closed. Flappy was a good flap.. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Pet Monster

James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] February 19th 17 10:34 PM

American mailboxes

wrote:

[...]

Every single time you want to check the mail? You might be waiting for something important. I know the instant it's here, I hear and see it come into my house.

--
Why do you need a driver's license to buy liquor when you can't drink and drive?

Uncle Monster[_2_] February 19th 17 10:48 PM

American mailboxes

wrote:

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 17:24:07 -0000, wrote:

Unless you live in the city, your mail carrier never gets out of the
truck.

Incorrect in the UK. Ours actually work for their pay and walk to each door.

I guess that is because your doors are just a few meters apart. Around
here it is more like 50-60 meters each. When I walk an association
paper around my little neighborhood, it takes about 4-5 hours to hit
100 doors. This is not even that rural. There are places right up the
road (same postal route) where the houses are 200 meters from the
road., A little farther east the houses may be a KM apart.

Many parts of Scotland/Cornwall/Devon etc are like that and they all get
mail delivered through their letterboxes.

Then I can only assume US postmen are lazy ****s.
--

The mail carriers in the neighborhoods where me and my brother have homes, park their little mail trucks and walk to each home in a 2 block area then wind up back at the truck so they can drive to the next area. My house is at street level with a mailbox mounted on the wall next to the front door. My brother's home in on a hill with a steep driveway and stairs leading down to the street and the mail carrier still walks the route delivering door to door. I don't think the mail carriers around here are fat and have heart trouble, not with the exercise they get. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Male Monster

Uncle Monster[_2_] February 19th 17 11:07 PM

American mailboxes

wrote:

It's all fun and games until someone gets killed, which is 100 times more likely in your backwards country.

The Americas are not for wimps.

... nor subjects under a Monarch

No, just an endless supply of monarch wannabes. I liked the Mel Gibson
line at the beginning of 'The Patriot'. 'Do we want one tyrant a
thousand miles away or a thousand tyrants a mile away?'

The brits forget that the were invaded, conquered and enslaved. Next
time will be Ahmed doing it.

Achmed will take over the whole planet, because every civilized country is too damn stupid to realize what's happening, they're all too politically correct.
--
******I corrected your spelin*******

Our new President Trump has shot that ******* Political Correctness and it's flopping around dying a slow painful death and will be tossed on a bonfire when it stops squealing. Whiny little Liberal Leftist weasels are being told to STFU here in The U.S. much more often now. Muslims stay home! ヽ(à²*_à²*)ノ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBvfiCdk-jc

[8~{} Uncle Terrorist Monster

Uncle Monster[_2_] February 19th 17 11:18 PM

American mailboxes

On Sunday, February 19, 2017 at 3:26:32 PM UTC-6, Sam A wrote:

[snip]

You don't find it disgusting to put another animal inside you? You
don't know where it's been.

I always keep a distinction between cows (animals) and beef (food).

I only eat dead animals because live ones won't hold still. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Hungry Monster

Oren[_2_] February 19th 17 11:41 PM

American mailboxes

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 15:18:04 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
wrote:

I always keep a distinction between cows (animals) and beef (food).

I only eat dead animals because live ones won't hold still. ?(?)?

Hard to catch a chicken after its head is chopped off with an ax. They
need time to bleed out. BTDT.

Cousin Chicken Chaser

rbowman February 20th 17 12:02 AM

American mailboxes

On 02/19/2017 03:25 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 02/19/2017 01:45 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

[snip]

5 days later, the original order was left on someone's porch for the
carrier
to pick up. I guess they didn't need a transmission cooler for a Honda
Odyssey,
but I don't know why it took them 5 days to decide that.

I once ordered a small part (less than half an ounce), and had that
problem. It took a week for the wrong recipient to return it.

[snip]

They may have tried :) I received something that looked like a hospital
bill for someone I never heard of although the street address was
correct. I wrote 'wrong address' on it and through it in the outgoing
slot. The next day it came back. I crossed out the address with a red
pen reiterated the 'wrong address. return to sender'. Like the cat, it
came back. Next message was 'I've been at this address for 25 years and
that person has never lived here.' That seem to have done the trick.

[email protected] February 20th 17 12:05 AM

American mailboxes

DerbyDad03 wrote: "Color me confused. Attic stairs "swing" two ways.

They typically swing down (away from the opening) to open and up (towards
the opening) to close.

Unless I'm missing something, telling me that yours "swings UP toward the
opening" doesn't sound like anything out of the ordinary, assuming that you
mean "when closing". "

What I was trying to clarify is that my attic hatch
does not open up into the attic. It swings down to
open, and up to close, assisted by large springs on
the sides. I filed and planed down the stops around
the edges of the opening to ensure a tight seal
against the closed-foam weather strip around the
edge of the opening.

rbowman February 20th 17 12:06 AM

American mailboxes

wrote:

[...]

I'm sure you sit by the door of your council flat waiting for the
welfare cheque to arrive.