DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Power washing vinyl siding??? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/58363-power-washing-vinyl-siding.html)

Bob S. June 3rd 04 12:47 AM

Power washing vinyl siding???

Is power washing vinyl siding a DIY project for a common sense
individual?

If so, what psi is recommended?
Do you have to keep a "down" spray angle on the sides?
Any special concerns for spraying the soffits?
Do you use liquid cleaners or just plain water?
The majority is vinyl but the facia & trim is vinyl coated aluminum.
Any special problems with this?

Tia
Bob S.

Lost-In-Translation June 3rd 04 01:07 AM

Power washing vinyl siding???

Just plain water works. I have a 1400 PSI little electric and it did
wonderfully on my storage shed. I bought it at Homo-Depot for $109.00 You
do need to watch your angle though as you can easily get water behind the
siding wetting whatever is behind it.

m...

Greg O June 3rd 04 02:03 AM

Power washing vinyl siding???

"Bob S." wrote in message
m...
Is power washing vinyl siding a DIY project for a common sense
individual?

If so, what psi is recommended?
Do you have to keep a "down" spray angle on the sides?
Any special concerns for spraying the soffits?
Do you use liquid cleaners or just plain water?
The majority is vinyl but the facia & trim is vinyl coated aluminum.
Any special problems with this?

Tia
Bob S.

Good old water will do wonders, but a little Simple Green would help a
bunch. Mix up a lite batch and apply with a weed sprayer starting at the
bottem of the wall. Make sure you cover the wall evenly or you may get clean
drips that may not wash out. Spray ar a down ward angle to avoid srayng
water into any weep holes.
Greg