DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Gas fireplace (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/582749-gas-fireplace.html)

TimH72258 December 11th 16 04:14 PM

Gas fireplace

I have a blue flame in gas fireplace and burning of the eyes and nose.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...e-1117631-.htm

Colonel Edmund J. Burke[_16_] December 11th 16 04:17 PM

TIM'S "Gas fireplace"

On 12/11/2016 8:14 AM, TimH72258 wrote:
I have a blue flame in gas fireplace and burning of the eyes and nose.

Hmmm.... Check yer logs.
The ones in the fireplace, not the ****ter.

__
Always happy to help!

[email protected] December 11th 16 04:29 PM

Gas fireplace

On Sunday, December 11, 2016 at 8:14:05 AM UTC-8, TimH72258 wrote:
I have a blue flame in gas fireplace and burning of the eyes and nose.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...e-1117631-.htm

The blue flame is good but the eyes and nose problems are related to poor air venting.

TimH72258 December 11th 16 06:14 PM

Gas fireplace

replying to redzap78, TimH72258 wrote:
I reinstalled the ceramic logs after cleaning the burner. In the process I
found some instructions on how to arrange and clean the logs. Relit pilot and
started the unit. There seem to be a clean burn now. Thanks.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...e-1117631-.htm