DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Removing KILZ from Windows? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/581970-removing-kilz-windows.html)

[email protected] November 25th 16 04:04 PM

Removing KILZ from Windows?

Oven cleaner easily removes paint from glass.

Stormin' Norman November 25th 16 04:10 PM

Removing KILZ from Windows?

On Fri, 25 Nov 2016 08:04:01 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Oven cleaner easily removes paint from glass.

Kind of like killing a house fly with a howitzer.

Why not just use a sharp razor blade in a sturdy scraper?

Frank[_24_] November 25th 16 04:55 PM

Removing KILZ from Windows?

On 11/25/2016 11:04 AM, wrote:
Oven cleaner easily removes paint from glass.

Bad idea. Strong alkalis can etch glass.

Oren[_2_] November 25th 16 05:19 PM

Removing KILZ from Windows?

On Fri, 25 Nov 2016 11:55:01 -0500, Frank "frank wrote:

On 11/25/2016 11:04 AM, wrote:
Oven cleaner easily removes paint from glass.

Bad idea. Strong alkalis can etch glass.

Even a razor blade can damage a window glass if it has some type of
specialty film or coating on it.

.... and who on earth primes a window glass :-\

[email protected] November 25th 16 06:12 PM

Removing KILZ from Windows?

Lol when i read the OP
I thought the post was about a computer virus.

micky November 25th 16 06:16 PM

Removing KILZ from Windows?

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 25 Nov 2016 16:10:05 +0000, Stormin' Norman
wrote:

On Fri, 25 Nov 2016 08:04:01 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Oven cleaner easily removes paint from glass.

Kind of like killing a house fly with a howitzer.

Why not just use a sharp razor blade in a sturdy scraper?

Even though I thought I kept my hands clean, and avoided the metal
stair railing when it wasn't, after 30 years it was so dirty it was
lumpy at spots.

I was afraid a razor would damage the black paint on the wrought iron
rail, and certain soap or any solvent would end up dripping on the
carpet, so I used a plastic putty knife and got most of it off. I may
have to use a liquid cleaner and a rag to get the final bit, but I don't
expect any dripping.

At the 25 year mark, it didn't seem lumpy but rather it was sort of
flaking. I thought the dirt was the original paint coming off, so I
painted it again, but after a year or two that paint peeled and I looked
more closely at the problem.

The lumps were only at the end and only in a few places, and the rest of
it seemed fine except in the summer.

Oren[_2_] November 25th 16 09:23 PM

Removing KILZ from Windows?

On Fri, 25 Nov 2016 10:12:23 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Lol when i read the OP
I thought the post was about a computer virus.

We had a funny joke floating around the office. Supervisors were using
White Out on computer screens for spell correction.

.... that's not a computer virus on the screen, it's a booger.

burfordTjustice November 26th 16 04:23 PM

Removing KILZ from Windows?

https://throwflame.com/