DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT the reserves (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/581470-re-ot-reserves.html)

Oren[_2_] November 15th 16 10:31 PM

OT the reserves

On Tue, 15 Nov 2016 07:50:56 -0500, Frank "frank wrote:

Both guard and reserve had lower obligations than army but you were
subject to call any time. You might coast through but then you don't know.

During the Draft. the National Guard were called "weekend warriors"
When my draft ended in '72, I had 6 years of "inactive duty". Never
called back to service. I could not use the "inactive service" to add
to my federal pension or will it count when I apply for SS.