DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Driveway sealer over Concrete (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/57914-driveway-sealer-over-concrete.html)

MS May 21st 04 02:36 PM

Driveway sealer over Concrete

Question: How long should I let the cement (quickreete hydraulic) cure
before the sealer can be applied over it?

Background: The driveway asphalt has shrunk a bit away from the back
door steps. I filled in the cracks with hydraulic cement. I discovered
that the asphalt dips slightly (last 3 or 4 inches) toward the steps
and leveled the surface to direct water away from the steps.

I now have a 3" to 4" apron of cement around the steps spilling over
into the asphalt. I plan to use the driveway sealer to touch this up
and give it a final seal.