DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sub-Zero refrigerator (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/57790-sub-zero-refrigerator.html)

TJAGF May 18th 04 02:00 AM

Sub-Zero refrigerator

I have a 12 year old Sub zero fridge. It is a 500/550 model, with the freezer
unit on the bottom of the fridge. It has been refurbushed so it basically
works like new. BUT, the one major problem is that water collects on the
bottom of the fridge chamber. I don't believe it is a drain problem, but
rather ice collects on top of the freezer (which is the bottom of the fridge)
and then as the unit cycles, the ice melts and causes water accumulation, mold,
etc....

Any suggestions are much appreciated....

Tom

jeff May 18th 04 11:45 AM

Sub-Zero refrigerator

(TJAGF) wrote in message ...

Hi,

I have a 12 year old Sub zero fridge. It is a 500/550 model, with the freezer
unit on the bottom of the fridge.

Which model#?....that is 2 models. 550 came up easiliy.

It has been refurbushed so it basically
works like new. BUT, the one major problem is that water collects on the
bottom of the fridge chamber. I don't believe it is a drain problem,

Certainly -sounds- like a drain issue, has the upper drain system been
checked?

but
rather ice collects on top of the freezer (which is the bottom of the fridge)
and then as the unit cycles, the ice melts and causes water accumulation

There is a second drain as well in the freezer section. Is there any
ice ( clear ) in the freezer, or is is snow ( white )? Kinda tough for
ice/water to go upwards!...maybe if the insulation between the two
sections is wet and needs thawing??

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/