DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Whirlpool refrigerator water dispenser stopped working - icemaker works fine (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/57377-whirlpool-refrigerator-water-dispenser-stopped-working-icemaker-works-fine.html)

Jeff May 5th 04 09:06 PM

Whirlpool refrigerator water dispenser stopped working - icemaker works fine

You read it right! For the past few weeks/month the water dispenser
has had a delay of 3 - 5 seconds before coming on, then working
intermittently (30 second delay), and now not at all. Meanwhile the
icemaker is working just fine. I replaced the mini switch, checked
the hoses, connections, washers, etc. Sometimes it starts working
again, then within a few hours there is the 5 sec delay, and an hour
later - nothing. So far nothing has worked.

I do hear the switch click, but the ?pump/valve/solenoid? doesn't turn
on to dispense the water.

Any help would be appreciated.

There was another post I found with the same problem here.
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...ews%26rnum%3D2