Julie

Default Removing a Hotpoint over-the-range microwave

Next debacle, please:

Brought home a swanky new microwave today, with all the best intentions
of installing it myself (with an extra hand or two when needed). Read
the installation instructions, so when I went to pull out the old one
(Hotpoint RVM44005), I expected to see holes drilled in the cabinet
above, to start the removal process (and if I'm lucky, the new one would
have lined up). Alas, no holes. I have no idea how this thing's held
onto the wall!

Anyone?

JSH, admitting much defeat.

Tom

"Julie" wrote in message
Next debacle, please:

Brought home a swanky new microwave today, with all the best intentions
of installing it myself (with an extra hand or two when needed). Read
the installation instructions, so when I went to pull out the old one
(Hotpoint RVM44005), I expected to see holes drilled in the cabinet
above, to start the removal process (and if I'm lucky, the new one would
have lined up). Alas, no holes. I have no idea how this thing's held
onto the wall!

Anyone?

JSH, admitting much defeat.

Seems to me the original GE/Hotpoint micro hoods were installed by

mounting the cabinet to the wall and then slipping the guts in to the
cabinet. Look for a couple of screws hidden behind the grillwork at the top
that hold the unit in. If you can figure out how to remove the insides, I
believe it will be easy to then figure out how the housing was mounted.

Bill

Julie wrote:
Next debacle, please:

Brought home a swanky new microwave today, with all the best intentions
of installing it myself (with an extra hand or two when needed). Read
the installation instructions, so when I went to pull out the old one
(Hotpoint RVM44005), I expected to see holes drilled in the cabinet
above, to start the removal process (and if I'm lucky, the new one would
have lined up). Alas, no holes. I have no idea how this thing's held
onto the wall!

Anyone?

JSH, admitting much defeat.

When I went to remove my old one I found that the unit
was mounted on a bracket screwed to the wall behind it.
The bottom rear of the unit was hung on hooks on the
wall bracket. At the top some long screws went through
from the front of the unit into the top of the bracket.
To get to the screws you had to take off the trim
along the top of the cabinet. Then the unit swiveled
down so it could be lifted off of the hooks. I had a
little problem getting it to swivel down because the
opening was just exactly wide enough for the microwave,
and the formica on the side of the adjacent cabinet made
it a tight fit. I had to pry it down.

Bill Gill

jeff

"Julie" wrote in message ...
Next debacle, please:

Brought home a swanky new microwave today, with all the best intentions
of installing it myself (with an extra hand or two when needed). Read
the installation instructions, so when I went to pull out the old one
(Hotpoint RVM44005), I expected to see holes drilled in the cabinet
above, to start the removal process (and if I'm lucky, the new one would
have lined up). Alas, no holes. I have no idea how this thing's held
onto the wall!

Anyone?

JSH, admitting much defeat.

Hi,

Remove upper grill, remove bottom, unclip hook clip in the top middle.
The inside guts will pull forward, undo the large plug in wire harness
on the bottom and the inside workings will pull out towards you....the
outer shell is bolted up in place and the inner guts slide in or out.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to jeff, glennat wrote:
"unclip hook clip in the top middle". this is the only thing I've only found
once and I've removed almost everything else. Wondering what hook clip you
are referring to.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ve-519281-.htm