DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Whirlpoor Washer Leak - How do I remove the front panel (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/56982-whirlpoor-washer-leak-how-do-i-remove-front-panel.html)

Allen S April 23rd 04 01:31 PM

Whirlpoor Washer Leak - How do I remove the front panel

We have a stacked Whirlpool washer/dryer. It has started to develop a
leak and after tilting it back and looking underneath, it is coming
from the water pump. Without pulling it out of the closet and laying
it on its back, I cannot figure out how to gain access to the pump.
It is located in the lower front area. The back of the machine is
closed off so I cannot go in that way. It looks like there are some
sliding clasps on the lower sides and the upper sides might be screwed
in. Does anyone know how to remove the front panel?

AS.

Dave Harnish April 23rd 04 03:03 PM

Whirlpoor Washer Leak - How do I remove the front panel

Hi Allen,

Need a model number, but if it's a full-sized 27in stack, the washer
cabinet'll come off in similar fashion to the standard washers. Once
the cab's off, this job's really easy. I have instructions posted on my
website:

http://www.DavesRepair.com/DIYhelp/DIY3363394.htm

But send me your model number & I'll double-check it.

God bless,

Dave Harnish
Dave's Repair Service
New Albany, PA
www.DavesRepair.com

570-363-2404

I'm a 32-year pro appliance technician, and love sharing what
I've learned - in a FREE Monthly Appliance Tips Newsletter.
(Back issues now posted here too!)
www.DavesRepair.com

John 3:3

om...

Allen S April 23rd 04 10:21 PM

Whirlpoor Washer Leak - How do I remove the front panel

Dave,

The model number is Whirlpool Thin-Twin large capacity (I can post
the number when I get home). It is a stacked washer-dryer.
Thanks,

AS

"Dave Harnish" wrote in message ...
Hi Allen,

Need a model number, but if it's a full-sized 27in stack, the washer
cabinet'll come off in similar fashion to the standard washers. Once
the cab's off, this job's really easy. I have instructions posted on my
website:

http://www.DavesRepair.com/DIYhelp/DIY3363394.htm

But send me your model number & I'll double-check it.

God bless,

Dave Harnish
Dave's Repair Service
New Albany, PA
www.DavesRepair.com

570-363-2404

I'm a 32-year pro appliance technician, and love sharing what
I've learned - in a FREE Monthly Appliance Tips Newsletter.
(Back issues now posted here too!)
www.DavesRepair.com

John 3:3

om...