DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Where can I get replacement sashes for old wood double hung windows? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/56737-where-can-i-get-replacement-sashes-old-wood-double-hung-windows.html)

The Chairman April 16th 04 07:47 AM

Where can I get replacement sashes for old wood double hung windows?

Hi, we have an old house and we have some sashes in the original double
hung windows that are completely rotted. We need to get them replaced. The
only place that I have found locally is Stock Building Supply, but I wanted
to get some other quotes.

I live in the the Los Angeles area. Are there any online retailers of
these, or does anyone know of a wood worker in the area that specializes in
this?

Thanks,

Ryan

Edwin Pawlowski April 16th 04 11:44 AM

"The Chairman" wrote in message

I live in the the Los Angeles area. Are there any online retailers of
these, or does anyone know of a wood worker in the area that specializes

in
this?

Doubt you will find any on-line retailers. Windows don't ship easily.

As for a woodworker, I know I could never do them as cheap as a commercial
shop on a production line.
Ed