DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   BRICK CLEANING (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/56372-brick-cleaning.html)

John Stockalis April 4th 04 02:16 PM

BRICK CLEANING

HELP!!!...the vinyl shudders(reddish color) on our house (which have been on
for about 12 yrs), have started to fade and the color (red ) is starting to
run onto our bricks, which are a beige color..does anyone know why this
would happen & how can I get the red color off the bricks without damaging
the original color of them..Thanks..JOHN

DanG April 4th 04 03:44 PM

BRICK CLEANING

I don't really think that your vinyl beige shutters are bleeding
red.

What type of fasteners are holding the shutters that have begun to
rust?

CLR might help reduce the rust stains.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing. . . .
DanG

Art April 4th 04 07:26 PM

BRICK CLEANING

Is it red brick or glazed brick. Red brick has color red all the way thru
so any change in color would be temporary. You probably are seeing rust
from bad hardware holding up shutter.

m Ransley April 4th 04 08:04 PM

BRICK CLEANING

Try regular paint remover , scrub it in and wash