Any ideas? Many thanks.

--
Signatu Kathy :-)

Charles Spitzer April 1st 04 12:24 AM

stained porcelain tile

wrote in message
om...
I hope someone can help me with this. My husband and I installed some

beige
porcelain tile this past fall and when cleaning off the dark brown grout,

patch stayed covered overnight, which stained the tile. I have been
struggling to get it off, but it has been most resistant to coming

clean.
Any ideas? Many thanks.

--
Signatu Kathy :-)

go ask at a tile store. there are products containing mild acids that may
get it out. if the tile is porous such that grout will stain it, then there
may be no way to get it out besides replacement. porcelain shouldn't be
porous, which leads me to believe it just might be leftover grout, which the
products can remove.

m Ransley April 1st 04 12:26 AM

stained porcelain tile

Try something like CLR or lime away. Something stronger may be needed
but thats a little dangerous to use and can hurt tile.

Rob-J April 1st 04 12:52 AM

stained porcelain tile

Go to walmart and pickup a bottle of ZAP. This is the best for any stain.