DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Removeable Fence Panel (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/55009-removeable-fence-panel.html)

1_Patriotic_Gal February 23rd 04 03:38 AM

Removeable Fence Panel

I would like to make one 8 foot panel of my six foot tall dog-eared picket
fence removeable -- Any advice on how to do this? The vertical posts are 4
x 4 and the panel has a 2 x 4 horizontal at 2' and 5' height.

TIA

lowspauld February 23rd 04 04:02 AM

Removeable Fence Panel

"1_Patriotic_Gal" wrote in
ink.net:

I would like to make one 8 foot panel of my six foot tall dog-eared
picket fence removeable -- Any advice on how to do this? The vertical
posts are 4 x 4 and the panel has a 2 x 4 horizontal at 2' and 5'
height.

TIA

Eye bolts or door hinges. Pop the pins when you need to remove the panel.

mwlogs February 23rd 04 04:15 AM

Removeable Fence Panel

My neighbor and I went together to put up the fence between our property and
it sounds similar to yours. Ours has the 2x4 rails postioned between the
posts, with the pickets alternating between the sides of the rails. That
gives the fence the same look from both sides. The rails slide into metal
brackets that are nailed to the sides of the posts. We intentionally used
screws to hold the rails to the brakets in 2 sections so we could remove the
screws and lift the section out.

Don't know if you could do this or not.
ink.net...