DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Opinion on Desert Spring DS3200 furnace humidifier versus Aprilaire 700 wanted (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/54635-opinion-desert-spring-ds3200-furnace-humidifier-versus-aprilaire-700-wanted.html)

Ace February 12th 04 06:53 PM

Opinion on Desert Spring DS3200 furnace humidifier versus Aprilaire 700 wanted

I am considering buying one of these 2 and would like your opinions about
them. The Desert Spring costs $259.95 plus 14.95 S&H and covers up to 4200sq
ft. I think the Aprilaire covers about the same. It costs about 229.95 plus
S&H. One thing that interests me about the Desert Spring is that there is
nothing to periodically replace in it, just clean out a lower pan on it or
install an automatic flush device on it. They say you don't need one if you
have soft water.
I would appreciate your opinions. Thanks