DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Brick Cleaning (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/54249-brick-cleaning.html)

John Stockalis January 31st 04 10:04 PM

Brick Cleaning

Does anyone know how to clean brick..on the bottom 2 rows of brick (tan)
the brick is getting darker, with a greenish & blackish color & also we have
vinyl shutters (red)on the house and the color from the vinyl is bleeding &
turning the bricks red ,,what is causing the shutters to fade like that &
how can I get the red off the bricks...Thanks,,John

Joe Bobst February 2nd 04 12:08 AM

Brick Cleaning

what is causing the shutters to fade like that &
how can I get the red off the bricks

The shutters were made from a poorly compounded PVC. Durable red colors are
difficult to make due to pigment instabilty in sunlight. Thats why your owners
manual urges you to keep your Ferrari covered when you spend a day at the
beach.
The red stain will probably require some aggresive treatment to remove, and
given this problem I'd first try a small rental blaster outfit with some mild
abrasive, plastic bits, walnut shells, or some such. Good luck.

Joe

Texan February 2nd 04 01:20 AM

Brick Cleaning

In article ,
says...
Does anyone know how to clean brick..on the bottom 2 rows of brick (tan)
the brick is getting darker, with a greenish & blackish color & also we have
vinyl shutters (red)on the house and the color from the vinyl is bleeding &
turning the bricks red ,,what is causing the shutters to fade like that &
how can I get the red off the bricks...Thanks,,John

Spray and Forget Brick Cleaner
http://www.sprayandforget.com/

Easy Brick Cleaner
http://www.eco-wares.com/Easy_Brick_...r_Brochure.htm

BRICK CLEANER RECIPE
Recipe Goldmine Household Recipes

BRICK CLEANER

1 part vinegar
1 part ammonia
1 part borax
http://www.recipegoldmine.com/house/house37.html

All the above and more found at:
http://www.altavista.com/web/res_tex...=%22brick+clea
ner%22&avkw=aapt
--
When Replying Remove "thepin" From Return Address

CleanerToday May 14th 06 05:28 AM

Cleaner Today offers both Roof QSE (Sodium Hydroxide based fast and furious cleaner) and Roof OX (Sodium Percarbonate based non-toxic cleaner).

Both formulas include a proprietary blend of surfactants, and other detergents that can be used on roofs as well as bricks, wood fences and vinyl siding.

At Cleaner Today the belief is that cleaner neighborhoods improve property values which makes everyone a winner.

Check out pricing http://www.cleanertoday.com

m Ransley May 14th 06 12:52 PM

Brick Cleaning

Dont bother with "Cleanertoday" its an overpriced rip off. What you
have is mold, is common in shade, simple laundry bleach in a garden
sprayer will kill it. A mild power wash or hand scrubbing can do a bit
more

[email protected] May 14th 06 01:49 PM

Brick Cleaning

Have you tried a power washer? I got an electric one as a birthday
gift. It's a lot of fun and I haven't destroyed anything yet.

JD May 28th 06 02:31 PM

Brick Cleaning

I agree that a bleach/water solution with a powerwasher will clean the
brick. I also think that repainting the shutters with a high quality paint
may fix the bleeding problem. Any paint with a red component will fade and
bleed if it is in direct sunlight.
JD

"CleanerToday" wrote in message
...[color=blue]