DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   installing toilet on new basement subfloor - help! (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/54022-installing-toilet-new-basement-subfloor-help.html)

Kevin January 28th 04 07:20 AM

installing toilet on new basement subfloor - help!

I'm installing a basement subfloor, and am having trouble figuring out what
to do with the existing toilet hookup.

The closet flange for the toilet is set directly into the concrete and once
I add the subfloor it's obviously too low (2 1/8" to be exact). I can't
seem to find an extension kit bigger than 7/16", and supposedly you can only
stack 4 of those (leaving me short still).

I can't be the first person to do this... any suggestions other than ripping
up the concrete and extending the pipe?

Thanks!

Kevin

Nick Hull January 28th 04 02:03 PM

installing toilet on new basement subfloor - help!

In article VoJRb.313964$ts4.161377@pd7tw3no,
"Kevin" wrote:

I'm installing a basement subfloor, and am having trouble figuring out what
to do with the existing toilet hookup.

The closet flange for the toilet is set directly into the concrete and once
I add the subfloor it's obviously too low (2 1/8" to be exact). I can't
seem to find an extension kit bigger than 7/16", and supposedly you can only
stack 4 of those (leaving me short still).

I can't be the first person to do this... any suggestions other than ripping
up the concrete and extending the pipe?

Thanks!

Kevin

I would look into finding a new closet flange that will fit inside the
old one to make up the 2+" gap.

--
free men own guns - slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/

Speedy Jim January 28th 04 04:55 PM

Kevin wrote:

I'm installing a basement subfloor, and am having trouble figuring out what
to do with the existing toilet hookup.

The closet flange for the toilet is set directly into the concrete and once
I add the subfloor it's obviously too low (2 1/8" to be exact). I can't
seem to find an extension kit bigger than 7/16", and supposedly you can only
stack 4 of those (leaving me short still).

I can't be the first person to do this... any suggestions other than ripping
up the concrete and extending the pipe?

Agree with Nick.
You need to find out the pipe size.
There is a flange which has a rubber expansion ring
which will probably work if the pipe is 4".

Jim