DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Thermocouple replaced now what? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/53217-thermocouple-replaced-now-what.html)

Patrick January 7th 04 02:32 PM

Thermocouple replaced now what?

Have replaced the thermocouple in my furnace, worked fine for a few
weeks but pilot still blows out once or twice a week. The furnace is
one of two and it is set to 58 at night and comes up to 65 in the
morning. I notice it is out always in the morning.

Thanks

Joseph Meehan January 7th 04 02:53 PM

Thermocouple replaced now what?

That sure sounds like the thermocouple. Clean everything and make sure
the pilot is adjusted properly and the thermocouple is in the flame.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

jim January 7th 04 07:29 PM

Patrick wrote:

Have replaced the thermocouple in my furnace, worked fine for a few
weeks but pilot still blows out once or twice a week. The furnace is
one of two and it is set to 58 at night and comes up to 65 in the
morning. I notice it is out always in the morning.

Thanks

any time i had problems with a pilot light blowing out: i turned off the
flame, blew out the pilot and then took a brush(like a long skinny one
that is used to clean the refrigerator coils and gave the pilot area a
good sweeping... it removed the dirt/dust off the pilot and it seemed to
help give a bigger/better flame for the pilot.. relight and it would
stay on......

PoCambo January 7th 04 11:02 PM

Thermocouple replaced now what?

From: Patrick

Have replaced the thermocouple in my furnace, worked fine for a few
weeks but pilot still blows out once or twice a week.

Gas valve maybe going bad or the thermocouple not adjusted right.

Tony Hwang January 7th 04 11:04 PM

From: Patrick

Have replaced the thermocouple in my furnace, worked fine for a few
weeks but pilot still blows out once or twice a week.

Gas valve maybe going bad or the thermocouple not adjusted right.

Hi,
Also you can tweak pilot flame size.
Tony

alt-hvac Moderated January 9th 04 01:45 AM

Thermocouple replaced now what?

Well, if it truly is "blowing out", then perhaps you should consider a
barometric damper in the flue.

--

Christopher A. Young
Join Alt-Hvac Moderated

HeatMan January 9th 04 02:53 AM

Thermocouple replaced now what?

Do what?

A barometric Damper? Those are used for gun style burners, not units with
standing pilots!

Cripes almighty, get a real job!

Tekkie January 10th 04 01:34 AM

Thermocouple replaced now what?

alt-hvac Moderated posted for all of us....

modified test

Well, if it truly is "blowing out" my ass, then perhaps I should consider a
barometric probe in my flue.

--
Tekkie

CBhvac January 10th 04 08:06 AM

Thermocouple replaced now what?

"HeatMan" wrote in message
link.net...
Do what?

A barometric Damper? Those are used for gun style burners, not units with
standing pilots!

Cripes almighty, get a real job!

Actually, he needs to shut his pie hole about things that he has no clue
about.