StacyW

Default RIDGID Lifetime warranty on power tools

Yes indeed

Check the out at the Home Depot

All power tools, (cordless too), and has a warrantry that covers defects and
'normal wear' for the life of the product!

This includes batteries too!

Check them out

For purchases through 12 - 30 - 2003

Yahooooooooo!!!!!

CBHvac

"StacyW" wrote in message
t...
Yes indeed

Check the out at the Home Depot

All power tools, (cordless too), and has a warrantry that covers defects

and
'normal wear' for the life of the product!

This includes batteries too!

Check them out

For purchases through 12 - 30 - 2003

Yahooooooooo!!!!!

Humm...that might be a local thing, since I cant find that information
anywhere on the Home Depot website, and when I try to get warranty
information on the made in China Ridgid line of power tools, it says to call
internet information, so I did, and batteries are only covered for 2 years
according to someone named Claire that answered.

BTW...that lifetime tool warranty promotion has been going on since before
Thanksgiving....for the money, I will take the Milwaukee standard lifetime
warranty anyday.

BigAl

No No NO

It's not the Home Depot that has the warranty

Its the manufacturer!

I just their orbital sander today

With a lifetime warranty, I'm checking into their cordless drills too!`

http://www.ridgid.com/Manuals/Lifeti...ceWarranty.pdf

"CBHvac" wrote in message

"StacyW" wrote in message
[...]

KL

The lifetime warranty INCLUDES BATTERIES

That's what makes it so good!

Normal wear is EXACTLY what a battery does when it fails to hold a charge,
or does not hold the charge as much as a new battery.

Check the Ridgid website for warranty info

We are giving many relatives Ridgid cordless tools for X-mas

I love it!

"CBHvac" wrote in message

"StacyW" wrote in message
[...]

Mike P

Not as good as it sounds, and I quote from the Ridgid website.

"What is not covered"

"Failures due to misuse, abuse or normal wear and tear are not covered
by this warranty. RIDGE TOOL shall not be responsible for any
incidental or consequential damages."

This means when the thing wears out, breaks, or the batteries stop
holding a charge the they won't cover it. The warranty only covers
defects and workmanship. This isn't like say a Craftsman handtool
warranty.

"StacyW" wrote in message et...
Yes indeed

Check the out at the Home Depot

All power tools, (cordless too), and has a warrantry that covers defects and
'normal wear' for the life of the product!

This includes batteries too!

Check them out

For purchases through 12 - 30 - 2003

Yahooooooooo!!!!!

KL

Actually is sounds VERY GOOD

I'll quote from the Ridgid website. LOOK UNDER LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY,
which is what the tools purchased till 12/31/03 comes with:

"WHAT IS COVERED UNDER THE LIMITED LIFETIME SERVICE WARRANTY :
This warranty covers all defects in workmanship or materials and NORMAL WEAR
items in
this RIDGID tool for the lifetime of the tool. This warranty is specific to
this tool
purchased between 9/1/03 and 12/31/03. Warranties for other RIDGID products
may
vary."

om...

"StacyW" wrote in message

et...
Yes indeed

Check the out at the Home Depot

All power tools, (cordless too), and has a warrantry that covers defects

and
'normal wear' for the life of the product!

This includes batteries too!

Check them out

For purchases through 12 - 30 - 2003

Yahooooooooo!!!!!

Zaf

Take a look at it/them and see if they meet YOUR quality expectation
in new. If they do, the warrantee is as good as the name behind it.
Does Rigid have the same reputation as dewalt (power tools) or snap on
(hand tools)? These companies don't need to offer me a lifetime
warrentee, because they have earned my trust. I do not expect any
tool they make will prove to be defective. I might Rigid a go if I
were convinced the initial quality is there, but I suspect this is not
the case.

"KL" wrote in message . net...
Actually is sounds VERY GOOD

I'll quote from the Ridgid website. LOOK UNDER LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY,
which is what the tools purchased till 12/31/03 comes with:

"WHAT IS COVERED UNDER THE LIMITED LIFETIME SERVICE WARRANTY :
This warranty covers all defects in workmanship or materials and NORMAL WEAR
items in
this RIDGID tool for the lifetime of the tool. This warranty is specific to
this tool
purchased between 9/1/03 and 12/31/03. Warranties for other RIDGID products
may
vary."

om...

"StacyW" wrote in message

et...
Yes indeed

Check the out at the Home Depot

All power tools, (cordless too), and has a warrantry that covers defects

and
'normal wear' for the life of the product!

This includes batteries too!

Check them out

For purchases through 12 - 30 - 2003

Yahooooooooo!!!!!

m Ransley

Ive heard this warranty is temporary it wont be continued next year,
that may change. But for now it is to bring in new customers. They Seem
well built but as in any new product bugs may be found. Time will tell.

CBhvac

"KL" wrote in message
et...
Actually is sounds VERY GOOD

No disrespect to any of the posters in this thread, but..

It sounds like a way to promote the product...and Lord knows it needs it.

I'll quote from the Ridgid website. LOOK UNDER LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY,
which is what the tools purchased till 12/31/03 comes with:

Well...it the tool is THAT good...why are they offering the warranty only
till the end of the year?

"WHAT IS COVERED UNDER THE LIMITED LIFETIME SERVICE WARRANTY :
This warranty covers all defects in workmanship or materials and NORMAL

WEAR
items in
this RIDGID tool for the lifetime of the tool. This warranty is specific

this tool
purchased between 9/1/03 and 12/31/03. Warranties for other RIDGID

products
may
vary."

Ok..even if it DOES cover each and every thing that may go wrong with the
tool...how many hoops will you have to go through to get warranty service?
Emerson does not make this line. It is made in China. It could be made by
Ryobi, or Hitachi..
We looked at the line, and I have to say, its got to be the gawdawful
ugliest line ever. Home Depot Orange...wonder why that is? I noticed that
the good old Rigid line of saws has changed, and are MUCH cheaper in
contruction than the older Emerson models. Thats just a personal
observation, and looking at it from the standpoint of someone that will use,
and abuse and ask his cordless drills to do things that most will never on a
daily basis, I have to ask...has the line been out long enough to be field
proven? Will it tolerate commercial work? Will it stand up to the daily
beating it will take? How well is customer service? Customer service really
stands out to me..Milwaukee and Bosch have proven themselves..Bosch will
next day air you a new drill if yours fails, and also send a pre-paid return
box for the broken one.

In a couple of years, I might consider them, once they have proven
themselves. None of the professionals that I know will risk trying a new
line right off the start.
Its been talked about in another group, and while the line might be just
fine, its not proven to us. When Milwaukee brought out the LocTor line of
drill, I made a comment to a rep that I wasnt sure about the change in the
drills, but it looked good, and if it stood up like they said, I would buy
one. He gave me a 18V unit, and told me to go abuse it. Run the thing as
hard as we could and if I liked it, he would take it back and give me a
brand new one to put on the van. We did everything you are not supposed to
do to one. Ran 4 1/2 hole saws on high speed, trying to load it up, ran 1
inch mason bits with it...ran 3 inch self feed bits as fast as it would
dig...snapped off a few bits with it...did everything we could to kill it...
A month later, we got our free one, and bought 4 more.

I have to admit tho..that the line of Ridgid drill and power tools will
probably do anything that the average sometimes user wants. They might even
be one hell of a product. I am just not willing to find out in the middle of
a job that they suck.
BTW, I am a die hard Ridge Tool Company user...all our pipe tools, benders,
cutters, wrenches etc are Ridgid. There really is no other line for such.

om...

"StacyW" wrote in message

et...
Yes indeed

Check the out at the Home Depot

All power tools, (cordless too), and has a warrantry that covers

defects
and
'normal wear' for the life of the product!

This includes batteries too!

Check them out

For purchases through 12 - 30 - 2003

Yahooooooooo!!!!!

Fullhouse

Just the lifetime on batteries turned me on to them. My Dewalt batteries
lasted about 4 yrs before they lost a substantial charge capacity

I love Toyota and think they make a great car. Would I buy one with only a
1 year warranty because I trust them?

Not me

Dee

"Zaf" wrote in message
om...
Take a look at it/them and see if they meet YOUR quality expectation
in new. If they do, the warrantee is as good as the name behind it.
Does Rigid have the same reputation as dewalt (power tools) or snap on
(hand tools)? These companies don't need to offer me a lifetime
warrentee, because they have earned my trust. I do not expect any
tool they make will prove to be defective. I might Rigid a go if I
were convinced the initial quality is there, but I suspect this is not
the case.

"KL" wrote in message

. net...
Actually is sounds VERY GOOD

I'll quote from the Ridgid website. LOOK UNDER LIFETIME LIMITED

WARRANTY,
which is what the tools purchased till 12/31/03 comes with:

"WHAT IS COVERED UNDER THE LIMITED LIFETIME SERVICE WARRANTY :
This warranty covers all defects in workmanship or materials and NORMAL

WEAR
items in
this RIDGID tool for the lifetime of the tool. This warranty is

specific to
this tool
purchased between 9/1/03 and 12/31/03. Warranties for other RIDGID

products
may
vary."

om...

"StacyW" wrote in message

et...
Yes indeed

Check the out at the Home Depot

All power tools, (cordless too), and has a warrantry that covers

defects
and
'normal wear' for the life of the product!

This includes batteries too!

Check them out

For purchases through 12 - 30 - 2003

Yahooooooooo!!!!!

Fullhouse

Sounds like a few people are jealous that THEIR new tools warranty have run
out, or about to run out and if they would have bought the Ridgid ones,
their tool would be warrantied for life!

thats the way it goes

The company stands behinds their tools for life, I like that

Gets my hard earned money

But tools before 2004, keep them for life (cordless and corded)

"CBhvac" stephenaddressscfrewedonpurpose@carolinabreezehva c.com wrote in
message ...

"KL" wrote in message
et...
[...]

om...

"StacyW" wrote in message

et...
Yes indeed

Check the out at the Home Depot

All power tools, (cordless too), and has a warrantry that covers

defects
and
'normal wear' for the life of the product!

This includes batteries too!

Check them out

For purchases through 12 - 30 - 2003

Yahooooooooo!!!!!

CBhvac

"Fullhouse" wrote in message
et...
Sounds like a few people are jealous that THEIR new tools warranty have

run
out, or about to run out and if they would have bought the Ridgid ones,
their tool would be warrantied for life!

Not really..its like this...

I know what works.
I know I can afford a new battery IF I need one.
All my Milwaukee stuff still has a warranty...even what I bought 5 years
ago.. just not the batterys, and since you can get them at wholesale
pretty cheap, its not like we didnt buy a few extras to have in case...

For a home user, it is a good thing I suppose...but no..not jealous at all.
If it works for you, and you are happy with it, by all means, buy the
unproven stuff.

thats the way it goes

The company stands behinds their tools for life, I like that

So does a few others...this is called a promotion to saturate a market..

Gets my hard earned money

If it works for you...I dont want to be at a jobsite thats promised, with no
temp power, needing that last 4 inch hole cut..
Hey...its not like its not a good idea. Really. But it just seems odd that a
company like Ridge Tool, suddenly switches the entire line over to this made
in China stuff, and has to offer a lifetime warranty. Warranties are good of
course, and thats what I like about the other Ridge tool items we have, but
to warranty a thing like a battery, that is known to fail...and fail
regularly...well, one has to wonder..(like in the service end..) how much
extra are they tacking on to cover a lifetime of failures on a very common
item.
I mean..I can offer a lifetime warranty on thermostats...(factory is 5 year
on the ones we use) but I might have to double the price to cover the ones
that will fail..out of warranty...or any part for that matter...

But tools before 2004, keep them for life (cordless and corded)

"CBhvac" stephenaddressscfrewedonpurpose@carolinabreezehva c.com wrote in
message ...

"KL" wrote in message
et...
[...]

om...

"StacyW" wrote in message
et...
Yes indeed

Check the out at the Home Depot

All power tools, (cordless too), and has a warrantry that covers

defects
and
'normal wear' for the life of the product!

This includes batteries too!

Check them out

For purchases through 12 - 30 - 2003

Yahooooooooo!!!!!

Doug

Here here, I totally agree. With my expierience in the past with these 2
company's, I wouldn't care if they offered a 30 day warranty, I would
rather buy those instead of any other brand. I've had a few, and never
been dissapointed with any Milwaukee tools and haven't had one fail due to
factory defect yet or to working it to hard. Being American made is just a
bonus.
I also think that buying a $20 battery twice a year I can justify,
considering how much money those tools make me on the job.

Also, CBhvac, I seen you said something about a jobsite without power, and
you wouldn't wanna be stuck. Look into Milwaukee's Cigg Lighter chargers,
well worth the money on the jobsite.

Just my .02
Doug

"CBhvac" stephenaddressscfrewedonpurpose@carolinabreezehva c.com wrote in
message ...

"Fullhouse" wrote in message
et...

stands out to me..Milwaukee and Bosch have proven themselves..Bosch

will
next day air you a new drill if yours fails, and also send a pre-paid

return
box for the broken one.

m Ransley

Rigids lifetime battery warranty Ill bet it doesnt remain , It cant
remain . It wil be changed, if in fact that is what they are doing. It
happens all the time. And why no 2004 lifetime warranty. I smell a
rat.

Fullhouse

$40/year in batteries?

At a 30 year career, that's $1260 in batteries (included a 5% state tax)

So, your drill will cost you $1460 and mine will cost $200. PLUS I WILL
STILL HAVE A WARRANTY ON THE WHOLE DRILL!

HAHAHAHHAHA

"Doug" wrote in message
[...]

"Fullhouse" wrote in message
et...

stands out to me..Milwaukee and Bosch have proven themselves..Bosch

will
next day air you a new drill if yours fails, and also send a

pre-paid
return
box for the broken one.

m Ransley

Look at steel mill pensions that have been canceled, Enron , tyco,
Warrantys and deals change. You think they will let you return it more
than once, I will never buy another Sears car battery, this may be
local but my Blazer wouldnt start, 3 yrs on a 72 mo warranty Alternator
-starter tested ok, Sears took out the battery , charged it , said "See
it holds a charge' no Warranty sucker. Next morning No start. What BS
I went and got a Delco. Point is Batteries wear. They are going to
find an out. Dont beleive me , then you will be disapointed.

Fullhouse

That's the lifetime warranty expires 12 31 2003..

Its not for EVERY Ridgid tool purchased!

Its for a limited amount, ONLY

I just went out and bought 3 12V 2X drills for my brothers for Christmas
gifts!

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Look at steel mill pensions that have been canceled, Enron , tyco,
Warrantys and deals change. You think they will let you return it more
than once, I will never buy another Sears car battery, this may be
local but my Blazer wouldnt start, 3 yrs on a 72 mo warranty Alternator
-starter tested ok, Sears took out the battery , charged it , said "See
it holds a charge' no Warranty sucker. Next morning No start. What BS
I went and got a Delco. Point is Batteries wear. They are going to
find an out. Dont beleive me , then you will be disapointed.

m Ransley

Well it sounds to good to be true, I called Ridgid, and thats what they
said, I asked " If in ten years the batteries fail they replace them"
they said yes . So buy one unit now before the lifetime is over on 12-
30, then future tools get same battery and swap when they die.

CBhvac

"Fullhouse" wrote in message
et...
$40/year in batteries?

At a 30 year career, that's $1260 in batteries (included a 5% state tax)

So, your drill will cost you $1460 and mine will cost $200. PLUS I WILL
STILL HAVE A WARRANTY ON THE WHOLE DRILL!

HAHAHAHHAHA

Then in that case, my drill was free, as todays income was more than that...

You forget that its winter, and we own a heating and air company.

BTW, the state tax here is either 7 3/4 or 8 percent, depending on the
county you are in...I dont sweat the little things like that...lets not get
in a ****ing match over the freaking cost of drills for Gods sake...I dont
even worry about gas prices..who in hell will worry about a part that you
know from day one will need replacement at some time?
BTW...an 18V Ridgid is closer to $290...looked today at the Borg.

"Doug" wrote in message
[...]

"Fullhouse" wrote in message
et...

stands out to me..Milwaukee and Bosch have proven

themselves..Bosch
will
next day air you a new drill if yours fails, and also send a

pre-paid
return
box for the broken one.

Joe Doe

In article , "Fullhouse"
wrote:

Sounds like a few people are jealous that THEIR new tools warranty have run
out, or about to run out and if they would have bought the Ridgid ones,
their tool would be warrantied for life!

thats the way it goes

The company stands behinds their tools for life, I like that

Gets my hard earned money

But tools before 2004, keep them for life (cordless and corded)

I think all lifetime warranties could mean lifetime of the company. I had
a computer built at a local computer store some years ago with a three
year warranty. They went out of business 1 week after selling it to me!!

So it is hard to say if Rigid will exist 5, 10 ... years from now.

Secondly, they can "fix" stuff with parts of their choosing. As others
have pointed out about Sears now replacing ratchets with refurbs etc.
Maybe rigid will give you refurb batteries etc etc.

I would buy a tool on its merits today, rather than on the hopes of
receiving some service I may or may not receive in the future.

Roland

Zaf

Umm, the more likely scenario:
Your $200 Rigid drill fails in 6 months and the warrantee turns out to
be not worth the paper its printed on. If your lucky Home depot
offers you 50 cents on the dollar for a dewalt replacement.

It always amazes me that people think they can get something for
nothing. Why do you think Hundai (spelling?) offers 100K mile
warrantee? Must be because they're better made then
Honda/Chevy/Toyota/Chrysler who offer lesser warrantees....

"Doug" wrote in message
[...]

"Fullhouse" wrote in message
et...

stands out to me..Milwaukee and Bosch have proven themselves..Bosch

will
next day air you a new drill if yours fails, and also send a

pre-paid
return
box for the broken one.

CBhvac

"Doug" wrote in message
Here here, I totally agree. With my expierience in the past with these 2
company's, I wouldn't care if they offered a 30 day warranty, I would
rather buy those instead of any other brand. I've had a few, and never
been dissapointed with any Milwaukee tools and haven't had one fail due to
factory defect yet or to working it to hard. Being American made is just

bonus.
I also think that buying a $20 battery twice a year I can justify,
considering how much money those tools make me on the job.

Also, CBhvac, I seen you said something about a jobsite without power,

and
you wouldn't wanna be stuck. Look into Milwaukee's Cigg Lighter

chargers,
well worth the money on the jobsite.

I will....have been using an inverter, and just ordered one of the Multi-Bay
chargers...the one that has the 3 bays for batterys, and the 45 min recharge
and the 4 hour recondition feature..
Looking Monday at a new set of the compact drill line...some 12 or 14s to
have around for the tighter work..from the specs on the 14.4, (0612-22,
rated at 390 inch lbs) I think its worth getting. Plus, its got that new
belt clip setup that would be REal handy.

Just my .02
Doug

"CBhvac" stephenaddressscfrewedonpurpose@carolinabreezehva c.com wrote in
message ...

"Fullhouse" wrote in message
et...

stands out to me..Milwaukee and Bosch have proven themselves..Bosch

will
next day air you a new drill if yours fails, and also send a

pre-paid
return
box for the broken one.

m Ransley

Ridgid seems to have a good product and the warranty is 3 yrs for
tools purchased in 04

Keith Ross

You die and your spouse tries to collect on your life insurance and she
finds out that is not worth the paper it was printed on

DUH

Just because you bought a Black and Decker...I mean DeWalt drill that has
only 1 year warranty, and now drills are offered with lifetime warranties..

I'd like to see your face when you saw the lifetime warranties on the power
tools THAT YOU BOUGHT INSTEAD !

heheh

om...

"Doug" wrote in message
[...]

"Fullhouse" wrote in message
et...

stands out to me..Milwaukee and Bosch have proven

themselves..Bosch
will
next day air you a new drill if yours fails, and also send a

pre-paid
return
box for the broken one.

Sue

Actually its called marketing. Nothing more than that

And it works

Look at Hyundai, they are fastest growing car company in the world
attempting to get into the highly competitive car manufacturing field.
Competing with GM/Ford/Chrysler/Nissan/Toyota/BMW/Mitsubishi etc.... And its
working

Sue

om...

"Doug" wrote in message
[...]

"Fullhouse" wrote in message
et...

stands out to me..Milwaukee and Bosch have proven

themselves..Bosch
will
next day air you a new drill if yours fails, and also send a

pre-paid
return
box for the broken one.

Zaf

Well, I resisted reply until I went to buy a jigsaw, and I checked out
Ridgid brand at Home Depot. My first impression was that the quality
was only fair to OK, on par with Ryobi/Skill. Overall the
construction quality did not seem up to snuff with Milwaukee or Bosch.
I noticed on the drills, the Ridgid chuck was plated while others
appeared cast, you could see the plating starting to chip on the edges
of the Ridgid, I see this frequently in Chinese made stuff, they tend
to cut corners here too much. Bosch is well regarded as having either
the best or one of the top two jigsaws and was $10 less then the
Rigid. Guess which one I bought? I'll give you a hint; I have'nt a
clue what the warrantee is on it....

I spoke to a friend who is a contractor, and he said Ridgid makes good
plumbing tools, he did'nt even know they made power tools. Do a few
searches on google/groups and the web and see what you find,
particularly in rec.woodworking. I won't bother to rehash all that
was said about them, but be aware, seeing as this brand has been
bouncing around in manufacturers, what was true a few years ago may
not be true today. A smile cracked on my face when I thought back to
the Ryobi like quality and stumbled on this:
http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/s...0/daily43.html

The comment about Hundai was right on, the warrantee is a marketing
thing, and it will get some people to try one, but to sustain a loyal
customer base, they better not be honoring the warrantee too often.
It is also much easier to grow when you are small, so don't kid
yourself by thinking Hundai will surpass GM in gross sales anytime
soon.

Finally to Kieth, try to grow up a little. You may think the most
important aspect of a purchase is the warrantee, I do not. I am not
willing to pay more for a long warrantee, if a product does not meet
my expectations, I will not be a happy customer, even if it replaced
under warrantee.

"Keith Ross" wrote in message v.net...
You die and your spouse tries to collect on your life insurance and she
finds out that is not worth the paper it was printed on

DUH

Just because you bought a Black and Decker...I mean DeWalt drill that has
only 1 year warranty, and now drills are offered with lifetime warranties..

I'd like to see your face when you saw the lifetime warranties on the power
tools THAT YOU BOUGHT INSTEAD !

heheh

"Zaf" wrote in message
om...
Umm, the more likely scenario:
Your $200 Rigid drill fails in 6 months and the warrantee turns out to
be not worth the paper its printed on. If your lucky Home depot
offers you 50 cents on the dollar for a dewalt replacement.

It always amazes me that people think they can get something for
nothing. Why do you think Hundai (spelling?) offers 100K mile
warrantee? Must be because they're better made then
Honda/Chevy/Toyota/Chrysler who offer lesser warrantees....

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to KL, bbuettell wrote:
This is what I bought and have had all of my batteries replaced at least
twice. Each time became more and more difficult to get them to honor the
warranty. This past weekend 12/10/16 Home Depot and Ridgid refused to honor
the warranty. Time for a small claims action.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ls-492000-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 23:14:01 +0000, bbuettell
m wrote:

replying to KL, bbuettell wrote:
This is what I bought and have had all of my batteries replaced at least
twice. Each time became more and more difficult to get them to honor the
warranty. This past weekend 12/10/16 Home Depot and Ridgid refused to honor
the warranty. Time for a small claims action.

They will find some way to wiggle out of it........
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, December 12, 2016 at 6:14:05 PM UTC-5, bbuettell wrote:
replying to KL, bbuettell wrote:
This is what I bought and have had all of my batteries replaced at least
twice. Each time became more and more difficult to get them to honor the
warranty. This past weekend 12/10/16 Home Depot and Ridgid refused to honor
the warranty. Time for a small claims action.

What was their stated reason for not honoring the warranty?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Zaf:
Does Rigid have the same reputation as dewalt (power tools) or snap on
(hand tools)?

Dunno about 2017, but in they past they have had pretty good calendars:
http://tinyurl.com/h82srj2 .... -)
--
Pete Cresswell