DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Turn on sink; air bubbles from toilet (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/52217-turn-sink%3B-air-bubbles-toilet.html)

Michael December 5th 03 06:01 PM

Turn on sink; air bubbles from toilet

installed a new toliet and have noticed some weird happenings.
We I turn on the sink or the shower, there are air bubbles coming out
of the toliet. There is no noticable odor, but it is very disturbing.
Anyone know the cause of this?

-mike

Jim Thompson December 5th 03 06:09 PM

On 5 Dec 2003 10:01:29 -0800, (Michael) wrote:

installed a new toliet and have noticed some weird happenings.
We I turn on the sink or the shower, there are air bubbles coming out
of the toliet. There is no noticable odor, but it is very disturbing.
Anyone know the cause of this?

-mike

(1) Bird's nest in the vent stack.
(2) Wrong slope on drains converging to a single vent stack.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 |

CLSSM00X7 December 5th 03 07:32 PM

Turn on sink; air bubbles from toilet

Hi,

It isn't the vent plugged with a nest or a slope drain. If it were, the old
toilet would have done it also. It sounds like you might not have a perfect
seal on the wax ring or the flapper is not the greatest in the tank. It could
also be the actual valve in the tank leaking as well.

candice