RD

Default Heated Floor (electric) not working

My house has a heated floor in the master bath
It does not appear to be heating any more although the light on the wall
thermostat is on.
Any experience with these?

CLSSM00X7

Hi,

Heat Elements are notorious for burning the wire up at the connection
terminal. If you can access the actual heat element that is where you need to
start. I have never heard of a heated indoor floor before. LOL.
What is it supposed to do, keep your feet warm while you sit on the toilet?

candice

Michael Baugh

Plenty of applications, including basement floor.
http://www.basementremodeler.com/WEB/heating-mold.htm
No judgement here, just reporting the facts, ma'am.

CLSSM00X7 wrote in message
Hi,

Heat Elements are notorious for burning the wire up at the connection
terminal. If you can access the actual heat element that is where you need

start. I have never heard of a heated indoor floor before. LOL.
What is it supposed to do, keep your feet warm while you sit on the

toilet?

candice

Greg O

"CLSSM00X7" wrote in message
Hi,

Heat Elements are notorious for burning the wire up at the connection
terminal. If you can access the actual heat element that is where you need

start. I have never heard of a heated indoor floor before. LOL.
What is it supposed to do, keep your feet warm while you sit on the

toilet?

candice

Better get out more then!!
I know of a restaurant/bar that has in floor electric heat, a house in our
city that is heated totally by in floor elecrtic, plus many other homes that
use in floor electric heat for spot warming ceramic tile in kithcens and
baths.
Greg

CBHvac

"Greg O" wrote in message

"CLSSM00X7" wrote in message
Hi,

Heat Elements are notorious for burning the wire up at the connection
terminal. If you can access the actual heat element that is where you

need
start. I have never heard of a heated indoor floor before. LOL.
What is it supposed to do, keep your feet warm while you sit on the

toilet?

candice

Better get out more then!!
I know of a restaurant/bar that has in floor electric heat, a house in our
city that is heated totally by in floor elecrtic, plus many other homes

that
use in floor electric heat for spot warming ceramic tile in kithcens and
baths.
Greg

RAdiant floors are common here, but I am about to die, as Candyass hasnt
heard of something.......
This has got to be a record.

j j

"CLSSM00X7" wrote in message
Hi,

Heat Elements are notorious for burning the wire up at the connection
terminal. If you can access the actual heat element that is where you need

start. I have never heard of a heated indoor floor before. LOL.
What is it supposed to do, keep your feet warm while you sit on the

toilet?

some friends of ours have it in the bathroom. the ceramic floor heats up.
since ceramic is usually cold, I guess it's a nice thing to have. I wouldn't
know, I wear slippers.

Steve Smith

RD wrote in message
My house has a heated floor in the master bath
It does not appear to be heating any more although the light on the wall
thermostat is on.

It could be a connection came loose. It could also be the contacts in
the thermostat. Turn off the power, pull the thermostat and use an ohm
meter or continuity checker to see if the heating element in the floor has
any breaks in it. If it doesn't then you probably have a bad thermostat.

--S