DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Vintage oven repair (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/51718-vintage-oven-repair.html)

The Chairman November 26th 03 10:48 PM

Vintage oven repair

Hello,

I have a Gaffers and Sattler oven from the 50s. Please see
http://www.vintagestoves.net/gafferslowback.html, this is my exact model.

The 2 safety valves are in need of rebuilding and/or replacement. Does
anyone know of a good source for vintage replacement parts, or somewhere
that offers the rebuilding service?

Thanks for your help.

Ryan

Greg DeBacker November 27th 03 02:26 AM

Vintage oven repair

The Chairman wrote in message ws.com...
Hello,

I have a Gaffers and Sattler oven from the 50s. Please see
http://www.vintagestoves.net/gafferslowback.html, this is my exact model.

The 2 safety valves are in need of rebuilding and/or replacement. Does
anyone know of a good source for vintage replacement parts, or somewhere
that offers the rebuilding service?

Thanks for your help.

Ryan

You could try http://www.antiquestoves.com/

In my area there is a shop that specializes in old stoves. You can't
find them in the phone book, though. Ask at an antique store that
specializes in "home stuff".

Greg