DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Insulating/Sealing Electric Panel (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/51602-insulating-sealing-electric-panel.html)

Veezers November 24th 03 11:42 PM

Insulating/Sealing Electric Panel

Our electric panel is on a wall between what used to be the living
room and a sun porch. In order to hide the panel, a picture is hung
on top. Today, the wind was high and revealed a significant air
leak. I sealed with caulk around the panel itself and put a temporary
plastic over the opening over the breakers. Obviously, if we trip a
breaker, this is not a good solution. The panel cover is metal and is
very cold to the touch indicating no insulation. The panel cover can
come off. There is no door to cover the panel cover or breakers.
Inspection outside revealed that there are some cracks that should be
sealed to be done as soon as the wind dies down. I was thinking the
spray expandable foam would work but am unsure with the electric
wires. How do I seal and insulate this properly? TIA