Mark

Default Blower on furnace hums and doesn't start

I am having problems with one of my two furnaces. When the thermostat
kicks in, the furnace will light, but the fan won't kick in. Then the
furnace shuts down. If I turn off the heat (i.e. not on heat or
cool), and turn the fan to "on", it just hums (the other furnace works
fine and the fan will run). There is a solenoid that clicks, then the
humming. The fan itself turns effortlessly.

Do you think this could be a problem with the capacitor, solenoid or
transformer?

Also, I have been having another problem (probably unrelated?) once a
year every winter when I first start the furnace. The fan doesn't
want to kick in but I didn't notice any humming - this appeared to
have something to do with that timer-like dial (is it a temperature
limit switch?). Two taps with the end of a screwdriver and I'm
usually OK for the year.

Any ideas on either problem? Thanks.
Henry77

"Mark" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Too many variables to diagnose by remote control like does the blower
(fan) motor have a start cap , run cap , both or neither (blower motors can
be any of these). Could be a cap problem , relay problem , open start
winding or none of these -again depending on your equipment. The best bet is
call in an HVAC tech to take a look and I hope your not hitting the fan
limit switch with that hammer as it is also a safety device :-( .

Henry

profft

"Mark" wrote in message
om...
I am having problems with one of my two furnaces. When the thermostat
kicks in, the furnace will light, but the fan won't kick in. Then the
furnace shuts down. If I turn off the heat (i.e. not on heat or
cool), and turn the fan to "on", it just hums (the other furnace works
fine and the fan will run). There is a solenoid that clicks, then the
humming. The fan itself turns effortlessly.

You mean before you pushed the door switch in right, thought you might hand
start it but when you press the button she just stops dead and won't turn
without one helluva growl?

Do you think this could be a problem with the capacitor, solenoid or
transformer?

No,No, and No

Also, I have been having another problem (probably unrelated?) once a
year every winter when I first start the furnace. The fan doesn't
want to kick in but I didn't notice any humming - this appeared to
have something to do with that timer-like dial (is it a temperature
limit switch?). Two taps with the end of a screwdriver and I'm
usually OK for the year.

Any ideas on either problem? Thanks

What you need is to get rid of that dinosaur, your throwing half the
heat literally right up the stack, wouldn't it be better to put the $700 it
would cost to solve your current delema towords a new furnace that at a
minimum cuts your operating costs by 30 cents on your heating dollar., and
realistically can average 45 cents over your current system and thats just a
2stage 80%er with a variable fan. Now for smidge or two more I can cut your
wasted energy down to 3 or 4 cents on your heating dollar instaed of ****ing
away 45 cents or better, on a really cold day you could ****away 50 or 60
cents on the dollar. Uses 60% of the electricty of a standard furnace, for
what it costs to run your blower for 3weeks I can run this fan for a year or
more.

The higher your utility bills are the quicker the payoff in energy savings ;
open a savings account and deposit the difference your heating bill would
normally have been. At the end of the season you can take a nice little
weekend mini vacation somewhere. Its money you would have had to have spent
anyway.

Yes...your welcome.

HvacTech2

Hi volts500, hope you are having a nice day

On 23-Nov-03 At About 19:00:41, volts500 wrote to volts500
Subject: Blower on furnace hums and doesn't start

v From: "volts500"

v wrote in message
v ...
On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 20:15:02 GMT, "volts500"
wrote:

v Looks like you're the one who needs to go to school, son. Classic
v motor start symptoms and you gotta make like it's a some kinda trade
v secret.

v "Fan turns effortlessly"...bearings? locked rotor? NOT! Motor getting
v power? Well, it's humming. Gee Wally, do you 'pose we should check
v the cap?

This doesn't necessarily mean it is the cap. I think you need more schooling
if you think that could be the only cause. I have seen many motors that had
these symptoms and it was simply a bad motor. ( winding ) I have also seen
bad relay contacts sending a reduced voltage cause the same symptoms.

-= HvacTech2 =-

... "After they make styrofoam, what do they ship it in?" - s.w.

___ TagDude 0.92á+[DM]
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++
spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail
TimS

If you live in or near a decent size town, and really know how to work
electricity safely....

Lock it out, mark both ends of all connections, pull the fan motor ( take
fan off) and the capacitor and take them to your local electric motor
rewinding shop. Look for sign that says "counter" in some form. Wait in line
patiently, be nice and offer the guy a soda or coffee.They will be able to
quickly test both (because they have to disprove 'returns') and sell you
the right one wholesale.

The small motors are not rebuilt, but replaced, should be $35 (often) to
$75.

It's not rocket science, don't get killed.

Tim S.

wrote in message
On 23 Nov 2003 09:33:42 -0800, (Mark) wrote:

[...]

I'd replace the capacitor and see if that fixes it. They are cheap
enough to take the gamble. If that dont fix it, the fan motor is
probably shot. Take out the whole blower and take it to a motor
repair shop and have the motor tested and repaired or replaced.
Blower removal should not be that difficult. Probably 4 bolts, and
the wires. Of course shut off the power @ the breaker when you remove
the wires.

TURTLE

"Mark" wrote in message
om...
[...]

this is Turtle.

Mark you need to oil the motor before it eats the bearing up in it and you
have to change it. If you have been oiling it, Change the motor out and the
capasitor. Don't mess with repairing a motor for all your asking for is
trouble.

TURTLE

Tony Hwang

Hi,
First, when it's humming trying to go, give a gentle push and see
what happens. If it runs, capacitor or the cetrifugal contacts inside
the motor housing needs cleaning.
Tony

profft wrote:

Beat it bozo, so skulk back to your regular NG bonehead

wrote in message

[...]

Noon-Air

Tony,
You aren't too bright......telling somebody to stick their fingers into a
blower wheel with the motor energized????
I hope you got real good liability insurance when "Lefty" comes knocking on
your door.

--
Steve @ Noon-Air Heating and A/C

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you,
do not look for any other standard to judge by:
the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
- -- La Bruyere

profft wrote:

Beat it bozo, so skulk back to your regular NG bonehead

wrote in message

On 23 Nov 2003 09:33:42 -0800,
(Mark) wrote:

[...]

TURTLE

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Hi,
First, when it's humming trying to go, give a gentle push and see
what happens. If it runs, capacitor or the cetrifugal contacts inside
the motor housing needs cleaning.
Tony

This is Turtle.

Would you leave out bad bearing for some reason?

TURTLE

daytona

it hums......................because it doesn't know the words

pjm@see_my_sig_for_address.com

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 00:00:41 GMT, "volts500"
wrote:

Looks like you're the one who needs to go to school, son. Classic motor
start symptoms and you gotta make like it's a some kinda trade secret.

First off, I'm not your son, you stupid mother****er.

"Fan turns effortlessly"...bearings? locked rotor? NOT!

Oh, you think worn loose slack bearings don't turn
'effortlessly' ? Until they bind up under start torque ?

Motor getting power? Well, it's humming. Gee Wally, do you 'pose we should

check the cap?

This poster asks :

If I turn off the heat (i.e. not on heat or
cool), and turn the fan to "on", it just hums (the other furnace works
fine and the fan will run). There is a solenoid that clicks, then the
humming.

Does this somehow give you the impression that he owns a
capacitance meter, or knows how to use one ? Or how to check a cap
some other way if he doesn't ?

From the OP's obvious unfamiliarity with the unit, do you have
a great deal of confidence in his ability to tell where the 'hum' is
actually coming from ? Gee, could it maybe be a contactor he's
hearing ?

He needs someone who knows how to fix simple little problems
like this to come in and fix it.

So blow me. ( Turtle - did I get the number right ? :-) )

New HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's !! http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Free demo now available online !!!!
--
Free superheat charts for 38 Ref's online at http://pmilligan.net/pmtherm/
My personal site is at http://www.pmilligan.net
volts500

wrote:

v Looks like you're the one who needs to go to school, son. Classic
v motor start symptoms and you gotta make like it's a some kinda trade
v secret.

v "Fan turns effortlessly"...bearings? locked rotor? NOT! Motor getting
v power? Well, it's humming. Gee Wally, do you 'pose we should check
v the cap?

This doesn't necessarily mean it is the cap. I think you need more

schooling
if you think that could be the only cause. I have seen many motors that

had
these symptoms and it was simply a bad motor. ( winding ) I have also seen
bad relay contacts sending a reduced voltage cause the same symptoms.

Did I not mention 2 other possiblities in my other post? What kind of crappy
newsreader/server do you have that you didn't see my first post? So far we
have:

1...possible bad cap.
2...possible bad start winding.
3...possible bad centrifugal switch.
4...possible bad relay contacts.
5...shaft is turning freely.

OK, we're down to 95 out of 100. Good thing we started with the _most_
likely problems first, eh?

volts500

wrote:

Looks like you're the one who needs to go to school, son. Classic motor
start symptoms and you gotta make like it's a some kinda trade secret.

First off, I'm not your son, you stupid mother****er.

"Fan turns effortlessly"...bearings? locked rotor? NOT!

Oh, you think worn loose slack bearings don't turn
'effortlessly' ? Until they bind up under start torque ?

See, that wasn't so hard now, was it? You _can_ make a contribution!

Motor getting power? Well, it's humming. Gee Wally, do you 'pose we

should

check the cap?

This poster asks :

If I turn off the heat (i.e. not on heat or
cool), and turn the fan to "on", it just hums (the other furnace

works
fine and the fan will run). There is a solenoid that clicks, then

the
humming.

Does this somehow give you the impression that he owns a
capacitance meter, or knows how to use one ? Or how to check a cap
some other way if he doesn't ?

Must be _another_ trade secret, huh? Don't worry, I won't tell him that
when the leads of an ohmmeter are applied one way across the terminals that
the needle will deflect and slowly fall, then switch the leads and there
should be no needle deflection if the cap is good. Then check each terminal
to the case. I'll also be sure not to tell him (as also mentioned by
others) that the simplest cap test is to replace it since replacement caps
are so inexpensive that he doesn't need to bother testing it in the first
place..........mum's the word now, ya hear?

From the OP's obvious unfamiliarity with the unit, do you have
a great deal of confidence in his ability to tell where the 'hum' is
actually coming from ? Gee, could it maybe be a contactor he's
hearing ?

Again, I knew you help the guy out! That's already been mentioned, but it
counts.........that's 5, still have 95 to go though.

He needs someone who knows how to fix simple little problems
like this to come in and fix it.

Thanks to your (and other's) helpful comments, he may not have to do that
now. What a concept. Who'd a thunk it. For an asshole like you, who
claims not to get out of bed for less than $500, was it really necessary to
jerk the guy around?

Jabs

"Mark" wrote:

Do you think this could be a problem with the capacitor, solenoid or
transformer?

Mark,
Maybe yeah. Maybe no. I don't know. I forget. But slip me a $50 bill and
my memory might get better.

Jabs

HvacTech2

Hi volts500, hope you are having a nice day

On 23-Nov-03 At About 22:08:41, volts500 wrote to volts500

v From: "volts500"

v 1...possible bad cap. 2...possible bad start winding. 3...possible
v bad centrifugal switch. 4...possible bad relay contacts. 5...shaft is
v turning freely.

v OK, we're down to 95 out of 100. Good thing we started with the
v _most_ likely problems first, eh?

Wow! aren't you just the asshole! you probably aren't aware of the fact that
you don't see every post either. newsreaders always miss a few here and
there. you can give out all of the advice you want but I will not give out
any advice that could get someone hurt. there is a lot more to a capacitor
than just checking or changing it and you should know that to. there is also
a lot more than poking around with a meter in a unit you don't know. did he
even mention what type of motor? nope! did he mention motor voltage? nope.
get a hint. he doesn't have a clue as to what he is doing and could easily
hurt himself trying.

-= HvacTech2 =-

... Ah... missed! -- Gomez Addams

___ TagDude 0.92á+[DM]
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++
spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail
TURTLE

"volts500" wrote in message
news

Thanks to your (and other's) helpful comments, he may not have to do that
now. What a concept. Who'd a thunk it. For an asshole like you, who
claims not to get out of bed for less than $500, was it really necessary

jerk the guy around?

this is Turtle.

Paul Failed the Mr. Congeniality Contest in school and really never got any
better at it. You know the Book about how to Get along with your co-worker
in business. well the arthur would call Paul up to consult with him on how
to **** off co-workers and was and did play a big part in it's writting of
the book. I wonder if he ever got his name in the credits section.

TURTLE

TURTLE

wrote:

[...]

I'm still waiting on the listing of the other 998 possibilitys.

TURTLE

CBHvac

wrote:

Looks like you're the one who needs to go to school, son. Classic motor
start symptoms and you gotta make like it's a some kinda trade secret.

First off, I'm not your son, you stupid mother****er.

Calm down Paul...this is the nutjob that I was telling you about that was
trying to make the world believe, that other than the elements themselves,
(not even in teh discussion, ) that electric inducts used a special
wire....cant teach old electricians that have no biz mucking in another
trade new tricks..

"Fan turns effortlessly"...bearings? locked rotor? NOT!

Oh, you think worn loose slack bearings don't turn
'effortlessly' ? Until they bind up under start torque ?

Motor getting power? Well, it's humming. Gee Wally, do you 'pose we

should

check the cap?

This poster asks :

If I turn off the heat (i.e. not on heat or
cool), and turn the fan to "on", it just hums (the other furnace

works
fine and the fan will run). There is a solenoid that clicks, then

the
humming.

Does this somehow give you the impression that he owns a
capacitance meter, or knows how to use one ? Or how to check a cap
some other way if he doesn't ?

From the OP's obvious unfamiliarity with the unit, do you have
a great deal of confidence in his ability to tell where the 'hum' is
actually coming from ? Gee, could it maybe be a contactor he's
hearing ?

He needs someone who knows how to fix simple little problems
like this to come in and fix it.

So blow me. ( Turtle - did I get the number right ? :-) )

New HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's !! http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Free demo now available online !!!!
--
Free superheat charts for 38 Ref's online at http://pmilligan.net/pmtherm/
My personal site is at http://www.pmilligan.net

Tony D.

Good advice, that will help him fix it. I'm Sorry, but Any body can
write that!

Flame away if you like, JMO
Tony D.

Ok, Point Taken.

Yup...and thats the best advice you will get on here from any legitimate
HVAC technician or contractor.

This is Turtle.

Tony , Paul give him the correct answer [ may have been blunt ] for if he
does not have the ability to trouble shoot a sticking motor. He has no
business working on it.

Let me put this one on you. I want your wife or girlfriend to come over to
my house and trouble shoot a electrical problem on my furnace and your not
invited and she will have to work on it alone with no help to tell her what
to touch or not to touch while the power is on and working on it hot. If you
will go along with this i will tell the man what the problem is and have him
start trouble shooting the problem. If not i will keep my mouth shut and say
nothing and just let it pass.

TURTLE

TURTLE

"Tony D." wrote in message
om...
Good advice, that will help him fix it. I'm Sorry, but Any body

can
write that!

Flame away if you like, JMO
Tony D.

Ok, Point Taken.

Yup...and thats the best advice you will get on here from any legitimate
HVAC technician or contractor.

This is Turtle.

If I world have read any trouble shooting skill in what he had wrote. i
would have tried to discuss it with him. If i don't see or read about any
skill the poster has , i will just back off and do the Call a tech phrase
thing.

TURTLE

volts500

wrote:

Looks like you're the one who needs to go to school, son. Classic

motor
start symptoms and you gotta make like it's a some kinda trade secret.

First off, I'm not your son, you stupid mother****er.

Calm down Paul...this is the nutjob that I was telling you about that was
trying to make the world believe,

Now we know why Paul says "blow me" at every given opportunity, and who's
_really_ servicing the account. Go a runnin' to your daddy whenever you
can't stand your own ground? Call in the piranhas when you can't take the
heat?

that other than the elements themselves,
(not even in teh discussion, ) that electric inducts used a special
wire....cant teach old electricians that have no biz mucking in another
trade new tricks..

By all means, allow me to post the link to the "teh discussion"?:
http://tinyurl.com/wcos where you tried to dazzle us with your bull****
about the 200kW duct heater......or was it that you just got your BTU's
confused with your kW's? Or are you just going to try to pass it off as a
typo? If you indeed re-wired the feeder wires to a 200kW duct heater, you
broke your precious North Carolina State law that you're so adamant
about.....perhaps your AHJ will be interested in why a Div.15 contractor was
doing Div.16
work. Now you know why they have laws to protect unsuspecting people
against bottom feeding residential wannbe commercial/industrial tin knocker
****s like yourself. Don't need no the hi-temp wire, eh?
Speaking of which, I did find it interesting that you're butt buddy Paul had
no qualms telling us in the Metasys thread
http://tinyurl.com/wct6 how he failed to look out for his customer during a
power outage.....with the customer looking a bill for 5 grand to cover his
incompetence. Must be how you residential guys learn the trade........at
the _customers_ expense. Oh, that's right, you're the dumbass who doesn't
know the difference between bonding an interior metal gas line to an
electric service and why doing so doesn't qualify same as a grounding
electrode. Cuz you're scerd?
Have you brainiacs over there in alt.hvac ever figured out the difference
between MCA and MOCP yet? Evidently not, since you don't know what high
temp wire is used for either. Pretty bad when a sparky has to point out the
characteristics of the very equipment you ****ing residential HVAC jerkoff's
are supposed to be servicing and installing. I guess that's what one should
expect from people who try to turn a simple motor start problem into a $700
service call then try to scare the customer into a new unit.

pjm@see_my_sig_for_address.com

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 20:31:21 GMT, "volts500"
wrote:

Speaking of which, I did find it interesting that you're butt buddy Paul had
no qualms telling us in the Metasys thread
http://tinyurl.com/wct6 how he failed to look out for his customer during a
power outage.....with the customer looking a bill for 5 grand to cover his
incompetence. Must be how you residential guys learn the trade........at

You flying butt-crack, they became our customer *after* the
power outage, *after* the other company screwed them, *when* they were
looking for a new company *because* of it.

So blow me. And the go **** youself, ass-wipe.

New HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's !! http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Free demo now available online !!!!
--
Free superheat charts for 38 Ref's online at http://pmilligan.net/pmtherm/
My personal site is at http://www.pmilligan.net
CBHvac

wrote:

Speaking of which, I did find it interesting that you're butt buddy Paul

had
no qualms telling us in the Metasys thread
http://tinyurl.com/wct6 how he failed to look out for his customer during

power outage.....with the customer looking a bill for 5 grand to cover

his
incompetence. Must be how you residential guys learn the trade........at

Res? Yea...we do that...we also do large commercial jobs...
We cant help it if you cant get enough in res to survive..

You flying butt-crack, they became our customer *after* the
power outage, *after* the other company screwed them, *when* they were
looking for a new company *because* of it.

So blow me. And the go **** youself, ass-wipe.

Ditto.

Might I add...Tom was at least entertaining....

New HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's !! http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Free demo now available online !!!!
--
Free superheat charts for 38 Ref's online at http://pmilligan.net/pmtherm/
My personal site is at http://www.pmilligan.net

CBHvac

"volts500" wrote in message

wrote:

Looks like you're the one who needs to go to school, son. Classic

motor
start symptoms and you gotta make like it's a some kinda trade

secret.

First off, I'm not your son, you stupid mother****er.

Calm down Paul...this is the nutjob that I was telling you about that

was
trying to make the world believe,

Now we know why Paul says "blow me" at every given opportunity, and who's
_really_ servicing the account.

To paraphrase an old ancient childhood expression...

Yo Momma is..

Go a runnin' to your daddy whenever you
can't stand your own ground?

I know who my daddy is...
if I were you, however, I might go warn my mother than your daddy is out
looking for your dad...your real one.

Call in the piranhas when you can't take the
heat?

You think Paul is a piranha?
Pauls easy on you. So have I.

Now...personally, I thought you were a pussy when dealing with Tom, and I
think I know why now...its all you know.
This time, I just think that you are one stupid ass, that knows nothing
about electrical unless you find it on the net. But..thats ok...in this day
and age, its rare to find the likes of the alt.hvac group, where those of us
in there know what we are talking about, and dont mind calling a spade a
spade, and you sir...are the Joker that we all throw out of the pack...

Tell me again about those special wires in induct heaters, (no..not the
elements...those super special cant find em anywhere ones that are used for
control and feeder wires..)
Tell me again how the makers of the units use that super hi temp
wire...please, so I can go take a snapshot of one out of the box and prove
you wrong again.

Plain and simple...you and Stormy, peas in a pod...all ya need now, is
Micheal Jackson to join your group and perhaps you will feel complete..

[...]

klm

wrote:

Do you think this could be a problem with the capacitor, solenoid or
transformer?

Yep - or about 100 other things.

Bad cap, bad start winding, bad centrifugal switch, whats the other 97?

Switch off the furnace power. Disconnect the fan belt. Try turning
the motor first then the fan drum next by hand. If either device
feels stiff then the bearings are seized and you can try fixing the
problem if this is what the problem is.

The fan axle is designed to run on dry bronze bearings. If oiled or
greased the heat quickly boils the oil or grease off. The residue
forms a thick crud that grabs the fan axle. The motor may have the
same problem.
CBHvac

wrote:

Do you think this could be a problem with the capacitor, solenoid or
transformer?

Yep - or about 100 other things.

Bad cap, bad start winding, bad centrifugal switch, whats the other 97?

Switch off the furnace power. Disconnect the fan belt.

FAN BELT??
Geeezeus..I hope his isnt that old..

Try turning
the motor first then the fan drum next by hand.

Fan drum? It better NOT move...

If either device
feels stiff then the bearings are seized and you can try fixing the
problem if this is what the problem is.

The fan axle is designed to run on dry bronze bearings.

Really? When? Even the old 1950's stuff I work on has oil cups on the
bearings...

If oiled or
greased the heat quickly boils the oil or grease off.

Thats a new one...again...if thats the case..name a model of furnace made
that uses this...

The residue
forms a thick crud that grabs the fan axle. The motor may have the
same problem.

Not if you use the correct oil, like is stated on the units...

volts500

"CBHvac" wrote in message

Snipped sniveling

That's what I thought..........you can't refute a damn thing I said flex
duct boy, and the best your butt buddy could do was backpedal. Here, try
again.

[...]

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 04:53:57 GMT, "volts500"
wrote:

Blow me, Class 2 boy.

plonk.

New HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's !! http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Free demo now available online !!!!
--
Free superheat charts for 38 Ref's online at http://pmilligan.net/pmtherm/
My personal site is at http://www.pmilligan.net
CBHvac

"volts500" wrote in message
m...

"CBHvac" wrote in message

Snipped sniveling

That's what I thought..........you can't refute a damn thing I said flex
duct boy, and the best your butt buddy could do was backpedal. Here, try
again.

Ahh..here we go...anyone getting dizzy???

Yea..I like Tom better...

Volty...get a ****ing real job...hopefully working for someone that will
train you.

[...]

CBHvac

Wrong thread man..

"Thund3rstruck" wrote in message
volts500 Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed
in :

"CBHvac" wrote in message

Snipped sniveling

That's what I thought..........you can't refute a damn thing I said
flex duct boy, and the best your butt buddy could do was backpedal.
Here, try again.

Psst. Every furnace I have seen for the last 15 years had a direct
drive fan, meaning no belt...

NOI

Henry77

"volts500" wrote in message

wrote in message
So, teach it to sing.

On 23 Nov 2003 09:33:42 -0800, (Mark) wrote:

I am having problems with one of my two furnaces. When the thermostat
kicks in, the furnace will light, but the fan won't kick in. Then the
furnace shuts down. If I turn off the heat (i.e. not on heat or
cool), and turn the fan to "on", it just hums (the other furnace works
fine and the fan will run). There is a solenoid that clicks, then the
humming. The fan itself turns effortlessly.

Do you think this could be a problem with the capacitor, solenoid or
transformer?

Yep - or about 100 other things.

Bad cap, bad start winding, bad centrifugal switch, whats the other 97?

Hmmm - seems like you got yourself a small HVAC troubleshooters guide to
make yourself look like you know something sorta like you do over on HOME.
You know - where you spout off all sorts of paragraphs and section numbers
from the NEC manual (some of which have nothing to do with the question
which shows you are just looking this crap in the book without knowing the
meaning - yeah I scanned your messages - needed a good laugh). If you are
truly an electrician I pity the fool that hires you. FYI - there are other
things that can cause the problem the OP had --- you better do more reading
(and no - just looking at the pictures won't do - sorry). It's little wonder
why some of the PRO's here on HVAC are so jaded - it's because of idiots
like you.