Childfree Scott

Default A/C & Heater Replacement??

I would think that a 19 year old furnace in someplace like Louisiania,
where presumably it doesn't get used all that much, would be OK. Now
if it happens to be a rather inefficient model, 19 years old, and
having problems, then maybe I'd be thinking about replacing it.

Darrell

Hi Bubba & CBHvac:

Bubba wrote: "You do know that you posted the same exact link above,
Twice?"

Thank you for pointing that out I didn’t realize the website was masking
the address. The second furnace, which is even quieter than the 58CVA
or Weathermaker 8000V, is the 58MVP, which uses sealed combustion.

Bubba wrote: "The second furnace you are speaking of will NOT make your
bill go down MUCH more."

Uuuhm, which part won’t make a big difference?

1. The two stage gas burners where the microprocessor chooses which
stage to use based on the homes indoor temperature and the thermostat
setting.

OR

2. The 96.6% AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency). Come on guys,
let’s not just make comments off the cuf. A little research says that
any brand running at 96.6% AFUE is going to greatly increase your
efficiency thereby lowering your gas bill MUCH more or put another way
... noticeably.

Bubba wrote: "Once again, you have been "snuckered" by Carrier."

Ironically I haven’t spoke to a carrier salesman, just a few people. A
Carrier commercial engineer and a Strongly biased Heil (Tempstar)
contractor who put the Carrier MVP in his home last month because he
knows it’s the quietest furnace he’s ever repaired or installed.

Bubba wrote: "Given the choice, Id take the R-22 for now."

WHY? What would you take, a condensing unit with a Scroll compressor or
one without? I would think you would be like most other contractors and
take a Scroll compressor; your risk of a warranty service call goes
down. Go here for some interesting facts about R-410a
https://www.customer-copeland-corp.c...s/news_two.jsp. If you
think the only reason I would choose R410a over R22 is because of the
phase out ( http://www.enblue.com/tips-and-tricks/r410avsr22.shtml )…
your wrong! R410a is flat out better, Copeland as well as the
contractors, who are willing to invest in the new gauges and other
equipment needed to install and service R410a, think so to.

Bubba wrote: "All 3 of the brands you mentioned above are just as
quiet."

Proof, where is your proof. Well, I’m not willing to find decibel tests
either. All I have is my own experience. I helped 7 people buy
furnaces in the last 2 years. 5 of which were put in new homes. 3 of
the five are Carrier variable speed furnaces. The other two are
Tempstar and Trane. The builder refused my claims and forced them to
buy the other brands variable speed model. Standing right in front of
the Trane or Tempstar unit I have to raise my voice to speak. We can
talk normal in front of the Carrier units two 58CVA’s and one 58MVP and
it’s not just me that notices, my clients to do.

Bubba wrote: "DO know that Bryant and Carrier are one in the same?"

Errrh? Of course I do, your ASSsumptions are incorrect, I simply gave
two brands so people whom HATE carrier like yourself could choose
another brand and get the same product.

Bubba wrote: "Yeah right. You are going to change the contractor’s
price?"

Keeping in mind that my application was a changeout not a new install.
As a matter of fact yes I did change a contractors price. I had 4
contractors come over and bid the Carrier 58CVA. I got a very high bid
from a prominent contractor who makes no bones about his $3300 price. I
got a very low and reasonable bid from a contractor who just started his
own company and left a very large company with lots of overhead.
Needless to say the independent with 7 years experience had the best
price and his answer to my question “Can you sell and install the 58CVA
for $1900 and still make a profit?” His answer, "Yes." Which was a
$210 discount off his quoted price. No, he wasn’t a HACK the
installation was flawless and I haven’t had one service call!

Bubba wrote: "you will get EXACTLY what you pay for...Period!"

Uhuuum! I wonder? Would have I got something different if I had paid
$3300 versus $1900? YES, I would have, $1300 less money in my
retirement account. Price isn’t the only thing that determines a HACK …
education does too. Get informed and talk shop with the contractor.
Shopping with information and education will sniff out a HACK far better
than price. Hack’s can charge $3000 too.

Bubba wrote: "the price I give you is what you will pay."

If you get the job ...

Darrell

There comes a time in the affairs of man when he must take the bull by
the tail and face the situation. -- WCF
http://www.utahhousevalues.com

Stormin Mormonn

Hey, you're talking about a friend of mine.....

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn More about Jesus

"Bill" wrote in message
CBHOtAir who thinks he knows everything and can't see that people think
he's full of **** for the most part embarrassed himself once again when
he wrote:

So..you dont wanna pay retail?
Ok..hows this:

Furnace, 100K, 95%AFUE, $1
16 SEER 48,000BTU AC, R22, $1
Lineset, FREE
My complete lack of Knowledge to properly remove, size, duct calculate,

install, and service:
-$7600
Total
-7602$$
Discount for customer havign to listen to my blowharded bull**** all day:
200%

Looks about right for you.

CBHvac

"Darrell" wrote in message
Hi Bubba & CBHvac:

Bubba wrote: "You do know that you posted the same exact link above,
Twice?"

Thank you for pointing that out I didn't realize the website was masking
the address. The second furnace, which is even quieter than the 58CVA
or Weathermaker 8000V, is the 58MVP, which uses sealed combustion.

So does all the other makers you point out and many you didnt.

Bubba wrote: "The second furnace you are speaking of will NOT make your
bill go down MUCH more."

Uuuhm, which part won't make a big difference?

1. The two stage gas burners where the microprocessor chooses which
stage to use based on the homes indoor temperature and the thermostat
setting.

OR

2. The 96.6% AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency). Come on guys,
let's not just make comments off the cuf. A little research says that
any brand running at 96.6% AFUE is going to greatly increase your
efficiency thereby lowering your gas bill MUCH more or put another way
.. noticeably.

Not over a 90% unit it wont. Even over a 80% unit.

Bubba wrote: "Once again, you have been "snuckered" by Carrier."

Ironically I haven't spoke to a carrier salesman, just a few people. A
Carrier commercial engineer and a Strongly biased Heil (Tempstar)
contractor who put the Carrier MVP in his home last month because he
knows it's the quietest furnace he's ever repaired or installed.

You do realize that Tempstar is Carrier now dont you?

Bubba wrote: "Given the choice, Id take the R-22 for now."

Amen.

WHY? What would you take, a condensing unit with a Scroll compressor or
one without? I would think you would be like most other contractors and
take a Scroll compressor; your risk of a warranty service call goes
down. Go here for some interesting facts about R-410a
https://www.customer-copeland-corp.c...s/news_two.jsp. If you
think the only reason I would choose R410a over R22 is because of the
phase out ( http://www.enblue.com/tips-and-tricks/r410avsr22.shtml ).
your wrong! R410a is flat out better, Copeland as well as the
contractors, who are willing to invest in the new gauges and other
equipment needed to install and service R410a, think so to.

Actually, no we dont.
See, I went and invested in all that new ****, to find out that warranty
calls, across to board on ICP crap in particular, have gone sky high.
This is not from lack of training, this is due to the simple fact that R410
is simply harder on the units.
Again, I point out R500, also a brainchild of Carrier, that went belly up in
about 6 years.
Why would you purposly install a system, that has increased cost to the
consumer, increased downtime to the consumer, increased headaches for the
installing company, and increased cost across the board when you can stick
with a proven performer?
Plus, an R22 replacement that is all but identical in performance is on the
market now, and things are only going to look up for it.

Bubba wrote: "All 3 of the brands you mentioned above are just as
quiet."

Proof, where is your proof. Well, I'm not willing to find decibel tests
either. All I have is my own experience. I helped 7 people buy
furnaces in the last 2 years. 5 of which were put in new homes. 3 of
the five are Carrier variable speed furnaces. The other two are
Tempstar and Trane. The builder refused my claims and forced them to
buy the other brands variable speed model. Standing right in front of
the Trane or Tempstar unit I have to raise my voice to speak. We can
talk normal in front of the Carrier units two 58CVA's and one 58MVP and
it's not just me that notices, my clients to do.

First, no contractor FORCES anyone to do anything.
Second, Tempstar IS ICP!! ICP is CARRIER.
Its real nice when you can service 5 different brand NAMES with ONE line of
part, since the ONLY difference is the name on the unit.
Again, I point out that a proper installation, can make all the difference
in the world.

Bubba wrote: "DO know that Bryant and Carrier are one in the same?"

Errrh? Of course I do, your ASSsumptions are incorrect, I simply gave
two brands so people whom HATE carrier like yourself could choose
another brand and get the same product.

Why in hell would you do that? Thats a scumbag hacks routine. EDUCATE the
consumer, and let them choose.
I dont hate ICP, I love em...those ****ty evap coils all fail, and someones
gonna have to change them, since they only came with a 1 year warranty..
Another reason, I am not a blue oval dealer.

Bubba wrote: "Yeah right. You are going to change the contractor's
price?"

Keeping in mind that my application was a changeout not a new install.
As a matter of fact yes I did change a contractors price. I had 4
contractors come over and bid the Carrier 58CVA. I got a very high bid
from a prominent contractor who makes no bones about his $3300 price. I
got a very low and reasonable bid from a contractor who just started his
own company and left a very large company with lots of overhead.

I make no bones about my prices either. Of course, I dropped them somewhat
when we started another division on the east coast, then raised them when I
found out that the price shoppers literally ended up costing me more than
the ones that understood what this thing called profit is.

BTW, any HVAC guy that went solo recently, has just as much overhead
percentage as the larger company, IF hes going to be around in 4, 5 or 10
years.
It might even be larger. Been there, done that. Tracked the numbers...its a
simple fact.

The best prices normally come from a company, or independent, thats about to
go belly up or is one payment from the gutter.

Needless to say the independent with 7 years experience had the best
price and his answer to my question "Can you sell and install the 58CVA
for $1900 and still make a profit?" His answer, "Yes." Which was a
$210 discount off his quoted price. No, he wasn't a HACK the
installation was flawless and I haven't had one service call!

Not yet...hack installs tend to fester...ask anyone thats actually in the
trade. Most people, sadly, dont understand enough about the operation of the
unit to figure out why the heat exchanger cracked after only 5 years of
use....

Bubba wrote: "you will get EXACTLY what you pay for...Period!"

Uhuuum! I wonder? Would have I got something different if I had paid
$3300 versus $1900? YES, I would have, $1300 less money in my
retirement account. Price isn't the only thing that determines a HACK .
education does too. Get informed and talk shop with the contractor.
Shopping with information and education will sniff out a HACK far better
than price. Hack's can charge $3000 too.

They can, but dont.
Cheaper prices from legitimate companies means one thing...either they dont
plan on being around long, or its stolen.
Work in the trade long enough, and you will figure that out.

BTW, in all fairness, while I cant see what was involved, I bet he could
have installed that unit for about $850....so why didnt he?

Bubba wrote: "the price I give you is what you will pay."

If you get the job ...

And more often than not...we do.
Now....I am not speaking for Bubba...but its real simple....
Education time:

Alot of times, in this trade, you will get a request for a estimate. You go
out, you spend the 4 hours on ManJ, and D, and perhaps T, and you work it
up....you give the estimate to the customer, and never hear from them again,
yet, only one person took the time to run the calcs, and it was you. The low
ball cheap ******* that hasnt a clue what hes doing other than figurin hes
gonna be able to buy that carton of smokes and that case of beer this
weekend is using YOUR calculations to install the unit and ductwork.
We ALL price on different rates, and those rates are determined by how bad
we really need the work. Thankfully, I havent "needed" a job in over 5
years, and as such, the pricing stays pretty constant, till we get a bad
feeling about things at an estimate. Yes..we can bid ourselves right out of
a job. Guess what? Who cares?

Then, on the other hand, there are times that we give stuff away. Entire
furnace installs as a matter of fact. Many times we get a call, and you can
tell right off, not only will the people have a hard time paying for the
service call, there is no way in hell they can afford a $3600 unit
installed. (that price, BTW, is for an oil unit, installed where the
crawlspace actually had to be shoveled out to get TO the EXISTING unit, and
3 days time fixing the screwups that time and the original install left for
us..actually, pretty cheap in some markets) Then, you get under the home,
and find that big ass crack in the heat exchanger, and you know what you
legally have to do...shut it off, lock it out, tell them they have no heat,
explain why, call the city, call the inspections department, and start to
find a way to get them heat when its 30F outside and they live in a home
with almost no insulation, and drafty windows, and they are in their
70s....you just install the damn thing and tell them to have a nice day, and
if they can find a way to send payments thats nice, and if they cant, thats
nice too...and you go on.

Do you make a profit on cases like that? Sure you do....but not in the
monetary way.

Personally, if it wasnt for the EPA, State Board, mortage company, insurance
company, grocery stores, gas, cost of tools and training, I would do this
for free all day long.

Darrell

There comes a time in the affairs of man when he must take the bull by
the tail and face the situation. -- WCF
http://www.utahhousevalues.com

Darrell

BC wrote: "You do realize that Tempstar is Carrier now don't you?"

Yes I did read that Tempstar sold to International Comfort Products
(ICP) or Carrier about 2 years ago. I also understood that Tempstar
didn't change a thing they are operating as normal.

BC wrote: "Its real nice when you can service 5 different brand NAMES
with ONE line of part,"

Now BC if you do a little research you'll find that Carrier and
Tempstar do not have interchangeable parts. Tempstar and Heil are
interchangeable but not the later.

BC wrote: "you can stick with a proven performer? Plus, an R22
replacement that is all but identical in performance is on the market
now."

Very good! Of all the research I did, I remember hearing of a
hydrocarbon replacement to fluorocarbon based refrigerants or blends
of, but didn't give it much thought based on Copeland-Scroll's
acceptance of R410a. You see rather than just dismissing R410a off
the cuff a little information can go a long way! I really like, if
true, that Europe is widely using hydrocarbon refrigerants. I respect
the Europeans choices and own many things built by Europeans, like
Bosch.

http://www.elgas.com.au/commercial/care.htm

BC wrote: "Why in hell would you do that? That's a scumbag hacks
routine."

Not true, when you have a product you like and become an expert at
installing and repairing it makes sense to limit your practice to one
product. Just like a surgeon limits himself to the heart he would
refer you to a brain surgeon. Bottom-line is that Trane, American
Standard, Lennox and Carrier are going to run well when installed
properly. All I know is that the Trane unit I stood in front of was
louder than the Carrier MVP or CVA.

BC wrote: "The best prices normally come from a company, or
independent, that's about to
go belly up or is one payment from the gutter."

Fair statement but isn't that a risk in any business transaction? I
was referred to the contractor, I spent 30 minutes with him at my home
while he did, like you, some calculations and I liked him. I do
business with people I like.

BC wrote: "Most people, sadly, don't understand enough about the
operation of the unit to figure out why the heat exchanger cracked
after only 5 years of use...."

What would cause this? I wasn't under the impression a contractor
couldn't screw up a replacement to the point it would fail early. I
know of several new installs that were terrible. Tell us BC what
should we look out for?

BC wrote: "I bet he could have installed that unit for about
$850....so why didn't he?"

I think you answered your own question with "I found out that the
price shoppers literally ended up costing me more than the ones that
understood what this thing called profit is." My guess is that the
unit costs around $800, the rest is labor, profit and margin.

BC wrote: "you give the estimate to the customer, and never hear from
them again,"

My Carrier Commercial engineer is faced with this dilemma daily. He
tells me some brilliant sales questions that have increased his
success ten fold. Something like "Now if your going to shop me and
use my calculations, will you give me an opportunity to match the
competitions price if … IF it's lower." Create some doubt before they
go shopping you just might get the job with a subtle close. I
personally went with the person who I felt was genuine and NOT digging
for gold. You see I don't know whether the $3300 price was gold
digging or just his price to remain profitable.

BC wrote: "Then, on the other hand, there are times that we give stuff
away."

Fantastic, but how do I know your price covers these charitable
actions? I don't unless you ask me to nominate someone for your
annual give away. Even If I don't nominate someone at least I know
your giving back to the community and maybe that is enough for me to
do business with you regardless of your price.

Finally, I think what were talking about here is granny smith apples
v. red delicious apples. When the farmers takes great care in growing
either the apple tastes delicious and is good for me. Likewise even
though I'm biased toward Carrier I'm sure that Trane whether it's
noise level is 1 decibel higher or lower, is a competent choice, IF
installed correctly.

Darrell

There comes a time in the affairs of man when he must take the bull by
the tail and face the situation. -- WCF
http://www.utahhousevalues.com

mark Ransley

Darrel you talk about the 96.6% MVP. Well read the spec sheet closely.
it says up to 96.6. In fact of the mvp line up only one unit is 96.6%.
a 38000 BTU furnace. All other MVP are 94.5 or there about.
A little deceptive advertising by Carrier dont you think. They made
the smallest unit, the one sold least, the most efficent. If you look
at the weight of the unit you will see it weighs apx 10% more than the
next largest one . Bigger more efficent exchanger. All for BS marketing
to con people. Just pointing out the facts.

Darrell

Hi Mark:

Your right, I'm wrong. Your wrong, I'm right. Is that game your
playing here? I looked on Trane, Lennox and Carrier website and all
three of them post "Up to or +"

Trane XV90 92%+ AFUE
Lennox G61V Up to 94.6% AFUE
Carrier 58MVP Up to 96.6 AFUE

What's deceptive about "Up to" isn't it obvious that the AFUE can change
depending on the model, application and installation?

There comes a time in the affairs of man when he must take the bull by
the tail and face the situation. -- WCF
http://www.utahhousevalues.com

CBHvac

"Darrell" wrote in message
Hi Mark:

Your right, I'm wrong. Your wrong, I'm right. Is that game your
playing here? I looked on Trane, Lennox and Carrier website and all
three of them post "Up to or +"

Trane XV90 92%+ AFUE
Lennox G61V Up to 94.6% AFUE
Carrier 58MVP Up to 96.6 AFUE

What's deceptive about "Up to" isn't it obvious that the AFUE can change
depending on the model, application and installation?

Whats even worse, is that no one seems to understand that rating, like SEER,
is achieved in a lab enviroment.
Up to- translated, means that if you happen to hit upon the EXACT same
situation that was duplicated in a lab, you too can have that.
Otherwise, it WILL be lower.

There comes a time in the affairs of man when he must take the bull by
the tail and face the situation. -- WCF
http://www.utahhousevalues.com

mark Ransley

You said 96.6 % Carrier is great . Only one unit a 38000 Btu MVP has
96.6% the rest are lower.Lower than Armstrong to. Carrier is
deceiving you . Its not a matter of who is right but that Carriers adds
are deceiving. I had 2 salesman out Both said would I like the 96.6
unit I said fine but its not made in a unit larger than 38000 btu
unit. And I need 75000 One guy left in embarassment when I pulled out
a spec sheet . Its a sales pitch, get it. There are others out there
just as good. and better in AFUE.

mark Ransley

The units with Variable speed motors are said to increase seer by 1,
offer more humidity removal by operating at low speed and cut winter
electric costs as well

mark Ransley

The units with Variable speed motors are said to increase seer by 1,
offer more humidity removal by operating at low speed and cut winter
electric costs as well

Stormin Mormonn

If you want to reduce your electric bill

1) Clean the coils, or have them cleaned. Condensor coils for outdoor unit,
and evaporator coils for indoor air handler.
2) Use a rotary compressor instead of a recip
3) Shade trees, white curtains, attic fans, and all that good stuff to
reduce heat load.
4) Shade for outdoor unit
5) Have unit serviced each year
6) Remit 48.50 for advice, please.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn More about Jesus

"Steve Scott" wrote in message

Please keep in mind the furnace is also being used as the air handler
for the AC. I'm thinking the AC may be used a fair amount in a place
like Louisiana. Any chance a newer furnace could reduce the electric
bill?

On 28 Nov 2003 08:12:30 -0800, (Childfree
Scott) wrote:

I would think that a 19 year old furnace in someplace like Louisiania,
where presumably it doesn't get used all that much, would be OK. Now
if it happens to be a rather inefficient model, 19 years old, and
having problems, then maybe I'd be thinking about replacing it.

--
If only you could get that wonderful
feeling of accomplishment without

pjm@see_my_sig_for_address.com

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 10:06:01 -0500, "Stormin Mormonn"
wrote:

If you want to reduce your electric bill

1) Clean the coils, or have them cleaned. Condensor coils for outdoor unit,
and evaporator coils for indoor air handler.
2) Use a rotary compressor instead of a recip
3) Shade trees, white curtains, attic fans, and all that good stuff to
reduce heat load.
4) Shade for outdoor unit
5) Have unit serviced each year
6) Remit 48.50 for advice, please.

Or a six pack of Coors for that hack.

New HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's !! http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Free demo now available online !!!!
--
Free superheat charts for 38 Ref's online at http://pmilligan.net/pmtherm/
My personal site is at http://www.pmilligan.net

CBHvac

news
wrote:

If you want to reduce your electric bill

1) Clean the coils, or have them cleaned. Condensor coils for outdoor

unit,
and evaporator coils for indoor air handler.
2) Use a rotary compressor instead of a recip
3) Shade trees, white curtains, attic fans, and all that good stuff to
reduce heat load.
4) Shade for outdoor unit
5) Have unit serviced each year
6) Remit 48.50 for advice, please.

Or a six pack of Coors for that hack.

I dont think Chrissy drinks anything stronger than Coke...and thats only if
hes washing his temple garb...

New HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's !! http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Free demo now available online !!!!
--
Free superheat charts for 38 Ref's online at http://pmilligan.net/pmtherm/
My personal site is at http://www.pmilligan.net

Stormin Mormonn

Well, not everyone in the world is worthy enough to enter the temple. You'll
have to keep working at it. Would you like me to put your name on the prayer
roll at the temple? I'd be happy to do that for you.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn More about Jesus

"CBHvac" wrote in message

I dont think Chrissy drinks anything stronger than Coke...and thats only if
hes washing his temple garb...

CBHvac

"Stormin Mormonn" wrote in message
Well, not everyone in the world is worthy enough to enter the temple.

Hummm...been in one....installed a unit in one....
Guess what? I wasnt struck dead...but I was struck by the amount of money
you guys waste...more than a Jehovahs Witness... (SINCE we are on the
religion kick here....)
Funny part was, when I was told I could not install the duct system in one
room...but they wanted it cool...I just called the county inspectors office
and suddenly, no more problems....what special things were you guys hiding?
From what I saw...nothing that impressed me one bit.

You'll
have to keep working at it.

Humm...Mormonism, or hell...Mormonism or Hell....

Hellloooooooo Satan....

Would you like me to put your name on the prayer
roll at the temple? I'd be happy to do that for you.

I would prefer you did not, as I am quite happy with what I believe.....

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn More about Jesus

"CBHvac" wrote in message

I dont think Chrissy drinks anything stronger than Coke...and thats only

if
hes washing his temple garb...

pjm@see_my_sig_for_address.com

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 20:16:31 -0500, "Stormin Mormonn"
wrote:

Well, not everyone in the world is worthy enough to enter the temple. You'll
have to keep working at it. Would you like me to put your name on the prayer
roll at the temple? I'd be happy to do that for you.

Yeh, just as soon as a stall in the men's room frees up so you
can get to it. Or you could just go on in while it's already
occupied, I don't really care.

'Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints,
ya know ?'

HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online !! http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Free superheat charts for 38 Ref's online at http://pmilligan.net/pmtherm/
pjm@see_my_sig_for_address.com

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 20:49:39 -0500, "CBHvac"
wrote:

"Stormin Mormonn" wrote in message
Well, not everyone in the world is worthy enough to enter the temple.

Hummm...been in one....installed a unit in one....

I've been in a Mormon, does that count ? :-)

'Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints,
ya know ?'

HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online !! http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Free superheat charts for 38 Ref's online at http://pmilligan.net/pmtherm/
CBHvac

wrote:

"Stormin Mormonn" wrote in message
Well, not everyone in the world is worthy enough to enter the temple.

Hummm...been in one....installed a unit in one....

I've been in a Mormon, does that count ? :-)

I dunno...the last one I can lay claim to..(oh..a pun!) was one wild
one....almost.....but not quite...scary..

'Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints,
ya know ?'

HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online !! http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Free superheat charts for 38 Ref's online at http://pmilligan.net/pmtherm/

pjm@see_my_sig_for_address.com

And it's funny as hell watching the Noxious Nine fighting for
the lead sheet :-)

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 02:13:35 GMT, "Oscar_Lives"
wrote:

Paul, THAT roll is the democratic plan for fixing our economy!

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Tekkie

CBHvac posted for all of us....

news
wrote:

If you want to reduce your electric bill

1) Clean the coils, or have them cleaned. Condensor coils for outdoor

unit,
and evaporator coils for indoor air handler.
2) Use a rotary compressor instead of a recip
3) Shade trees, white curtains, attic fans, and all that good stuff to
reduce heat load.
4) Shade for outdoor unit
5) Have unit serviced each year
6) Remit 48.50 for advice, please.

Or a six pack of Coors for that hack.

I dont think Chrissy drinks anything stronger than Coke...and thats only if
hes washing his temple garb...

With the Coke? Oh coil cleaner (acid)
--
Tekkie

Politicians & diapers are filled with it & both should be changed regularly.
Tekkie

Stormin Mormonn posted for all of us....

If you want to reduce your electric bill

1) Clean the coils, or have them cleaned. Condensor coils for outdoor unit,
and evaporator coils for indoor air handler.
2) Use a rotary compressor instead of a recip
3) Shade trees, white curtains, attic fans, and all that good stuff to
reduce heat load.
4) Shade for outdoor unit
5) Have unit serviced each year
6) Remit 48.50 for advice, please.

To the original poster you're getting hacked here, he gives the biz a bad
name.
--
Tekkie

Politicians & diapers are filled with it & both should be changed regularly.
Tekkie

CBHvac posted for all of us....

"Stormin Mormonn" wrote in message
Well, not everyone in the world is worthy enough to enter the temple.

Hummm...been in one....installed a unit in one....
Guess what? I wasnt struck dead...but I was struck by the amount of money
you guys waste...more than a Jehovahs Witness... (SINCE we are on the
religion kick here....)
Funny part was, when I was told I could not install the duct system in one
room...but they wanted it cool...I just called the county inspectors office
and suddenly, no more problems....what special things were you guys hiding?
From what I saw...nothing that impressed me one bit.

Didn't see any dead goats or comets laying around?
--
Tekkie

Politicians & diapers are filled with it & both should be changed regularly.

Tekkie

pjm posted for all of us....

Hummm...been in one....installed a unit in one....

I've been in a Mormon, does that count ? :-)

So you've had your unit in Mormon? Is that like the comet going over?
--
Tekkie

Politicians & diapers are filled with it & both should be changed regularly.
pjm@see_my_sig_for_address.com

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 22:24:02 -0500, Tekkie wrote:

pjm posted for all of us....

Hummm...been in one....installed a unit in one....

I've been in a Mormon, does that count ? :-)

So you've had your unit in Mormon? Is that like the comet going over?

And over ... and over ..... and under ....... and over again
...... :-)

'Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints,
ya know ?'

HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online !! http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Free superheat charts for 38 Ref's online at http://pmilligan.net/pmtherm/
Darrell

Finally we can all agree:

I drink Corona Extra
Others prefer Coors
Stormn Moronn drinks Coke

I wonder, does he spill a little coke on his driveway while drinking it
to get the grease off?

COKE

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of
Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in
two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and
let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid
in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a
rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of
Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the
rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan,
wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham
is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the
Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of
greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The
Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze
from your windshield.

FOR YOUR

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It
will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches
calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in
osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must
use the hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly corrosive
materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of
their trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is, would you like a tall cold one or Coca-Cola?

There comes a time in the affairs of man when he must take the bull by
the tail and face the situation. -- WCF
http://www.utahhousevalues.com
Childfree Scott

I would think that a 19 year old furnace in someplace like Louisiania,
where presumably it doesn't get used all that much, would be OK.

Please keep in mind the furnace is also being used as the air handler
for the AC. I'm thinking the AC may be used a fair amount in a place
like Louisiana. Any chance a newer furnace could reduce the electric
bill?

I didn't think of that. Probably because I think of the blower motor
as a separate piece, even though it's not. I wouldn't worry about the
blower motor breaking. Blower motors are realtively cheap and easy to
replace yourself. I've done it once.