Houseslave

Default Toro Powermax Snowblower vs?

I was wondering if anyone has a Toro snowblower and is the new Powermax
system hype or worth the money to keep the snowblower from clogging. Is
clogging a big problem with snowblowers? I bought a 7.5 HP Troybuilt (paid
799.00) but am seriously thinking of returning it for the Toro. The Toro is
running about 900.00 -1k for an 8hp machine. Also, I can get a Huskavan 8.5
HP for around 1k too?

Advice needed.

Thanks

Houseslave

Hi,

I did more investigation and checked out the new Toro PowerMax unit. The
blower is all plastic. Plastic handles, and small springs that look like
they would rust up and stop working real soon. The Ariens are built better,
in my opinion, but the Husqvarna has them all beat in quality. They use
linkage instead of cables for the drive/auger controls and seem to be a made
to a commercial standard. I know Ariens has commercial units but they are
substantially more. I wasn't too impressed with the Ariens in HD. Any
opinion. I have to decide today whether or not to keep my Troybilt 7.5 HP
799.99 or spend another 260.00 for a 10hp Husky? I can get the Husq for
1099.00 delivered.