DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   drafty window question (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/51295-drafty-window-question.html)

Steve November 16th 03 04:53 PM

drafty window question

Hi all,
I have a basement window that has been drywalled over. I can feel a draft in
the basement and know that it is coming from the old window. The outside of
the window has a piece of plywood covering it. Is there anyway that i can
seal the window from the outside? I would replace the window and drywall
around it but it hjas a pipe in front of it, so it is not the best window.
Any suggestions on what i should do?
thanks
Steve

Nick Hull November 16th 03 06:06 PM

drafty window question

In article ,
"Steve" wrote:

Hi all,
I have a basement window that has been drywalled over. I can feel a draft in
the basement and know that it is coming from the old window. The outside of
the window has a piece of plywood covering it. Is there anyway that i can
seal the window from the outside? I would replace the window and drywall
around it but it hjas a pipe in front of it, so it is not the best window.
Any suggestions on what i should do?
thanks
Steve

You could cover the outside with plastic, preferably under the plywood
to protect it from sunlight. Or you could use foam-in-a-can around the
edges of the plywood.

--
free men own guns - slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/