DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Funky fireplace (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/51227-funky-fireplace.html)

WoN ereH November 14th 03 04:47 PM

Funky fireplace

My fireplace was apparently built incorrectly. I think that the box is way too
big for the size of the chimney, but no one is sure. Have tried various
remedies, from extending the squirrel cage, to lowering the height of the box
in front, but still smoke enters the room. Can I use vented gas logs in this
or must I go with ventless?

TIA

Liam McConn November 14th 03 04:54 PM

Funky fireplace

WoN ereH wrote:

My fireplace was apparently built incorrectly. I think that the box is way too
big for the size of the chimney, but no one is sure.

Who's no one? Professionals? Joe Blow? The dog? How in the world
could you expect someone in a newsgroup to know without being able to
see it?

--
Liam

mark Ransley November 14th 03 05:40 PM

Funky fireplace

If you get smoke now, you will get Co with logs