DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Problem with dripping tub / shower diverter (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/50903-problem-dripping-tub-shower-diverter.html)

Tamsen November 5th 03 07:52 AM

Problem with dripping tub / shower diverter

Hi there,

I've got a dripping tub faucet / shower head diverter which has been
progressively getting worse in the last few weeks.

Could this be an easy fix, or is it "call a plumber" time? (I'm a
newbie here, and a relatively inexperienced do it yourself person).

The part with the problem is one of those big faucets, with a piece
you pull down on the spout of the faucet to divert the water to the
shower head.

Many thanks in advance

CLSSM00X7 November 5th 03 08:36 AM

Problem with dripping tub / shower diverter

Hi,

Is it leaking through the diverter plug? If so you may need to go to a
plumbing supply house with the old one and replace it. it might just need
tightened or an O Ring replaced. If it is elaking there or dripping out the
faucett though it will need a washer and or valve seat replaced. probably just
the washer. To do this you need a valve socket to remove the valve and replace
the washer. Make sure you turn the water off and open the valve before you turn
it out. I hate to see you pay a plumber so if you can't handle this see if a
friend has ever done it pay them a much smaller fee to help you.

candice