Todd

Default Plaster ceiling moisture question

Greetings:

I have plaster walls and ceilings. Last night I notice some
glistening on the ceiling, at a few spots at the edge next to the
wall, and also at one corner. I feels like condensation. I am
thinking that there is not enough circulation in the room. Or,
possibly there isn't enough insulation in the ceiling. I don't think
I have a roof leak. Is condensation along the edge of the ceiling
very common? By the way, I had new windows put in, and maybe the room
is more airtight than it has been in the past, although the door to
the rest of the house is open all the time.

Thanks...
Joseph Meehan

It could be any of the above and some more.

Has it rained recently, has the temperature changed recently, have you
taken a few hot showers that day. vented you dryer inside.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"Todd" wrote in message
om...
Greetings:

I have plaster walls and ceilings. Last night I notice some
glistening on the ceiling, at a few spots at the edge next to the
wall, and also at one corner. I feels like condensation. I am
thinking that there is not enough circulation in the room. Or,
possibly there isn't enough insulation in the ceiling. I don't think
I have a roof leak. Is condensation along the edge of the ceiling
very common? By the way, I had new windows put in, and maybe the room
is more airtight than it has been in the past, although the door to
the rest of the house is open all the time.

Thanks...

NorMinn

Todd wrote:
Greetings:

I have plaster walls and ceilings. Last night I notice some
glistening on the ceiling, at a few spots at the edge next to the
wall, and also at one corner. I feels like condensation. I am
thinking that there is not enough circulation in the room. Or,
possibly there isn't enough insulation in the ceiling. I don't think
I have a roof leak. Is condensation along the edge of the ceiling
very common? By the way, I had new windows put in, and maybe the room
is more airtight than it has been in the past, although the door to
the rest of the house is open all the time.

Thanks...

I have a friend who leaves her bathroom window open just a bit. In hot,
humid weather, there is condensation on the are of the wall where the AC
vent is directed (only cool surface in the room?) If the spot is
cooler, and the air a bit stagnant, perhaps it is just a matter of
ventillating better??