whummer

Default Toilet That Wobbles

What needs to be done to secure a toilet that wobbles a little? The bolts at
the base just turn like they are stripped or something. The toilet works ok,
I woiuld like to get it back the way it was.

Thanks.

Jim Thompson

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 13:52:12 -0500, "whummer"
wrote:

What needs to be done to secure a toilet that wobbles a little? The bolts at
the base just turn like they are stripped or something. The toilet works ok,
I woiuld like to get it back the way it was.

Thanks.

Just had the same problem. Called plumber. He removed toilet,
replaced wax seal, replaced floor anchors, remounted toilet and
replaced float valve and flapper.

He also replaced two under-sink valves that were frozen.

Total cost $149.86

And I didn't sweat a bit ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Shadow

wrote:

What needs to be done to secure a toilet that wobbles a little? The bolts

at
the base just turn like they are stripped or something. The toilet works

ok,
I woiuld like to get it back the way it was.

Thanks.

Just had the same problem. Called plumber. He removed toilet,
replaced wax seal, replaced floor anchors, remounted toilet and
replaced float valve and flapper.

He also replaced two under-sink valves that were frozen.

Total cost $149.86

And I didn't sweat a bit ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

You can do that yourself and by your own wax seal and floor anchors and
spend maybe $10 bucks.

Jim Thompson

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 16:37:24 -0400, "Shadow"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

What needs to be done to secure a toilet that wobbles a little? The bolts

at
the base just turn like they are stripped or something. The toilet works

ok,
I woiuld like to get it back the way it was.

Thanks.

Just had the same problem. Called plumber. He removed toilet,
replaced wax seal, replaced floor anchors, remounted toilet and
replaced float valve and flapper.

He also replaced two under-sink valves that were frozen.

Total cost $149.86

And I didn't sweat a bit ;-)

...Jim Thompson

[snip]
You can do that yourself and by your own wax seal and floor anchors and
spend maybe $10 bucks.

I've reached the age where I choose to do only the fun projects, and
pay for the rest ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Me

Go to Home Depot and spend 3 bucks on plastic shims made for leveling
toilets... you just put em under the ceramic rim on the base of the
toilet...

half hour for home depot...
half hour for repair..
three dollars...

I work too hard for my money to have some schmo come replace my flapper
because my toilet wobbles....

"whummer" wrote in message
What needs to be done to secure a toilet that wobbles a little? The bolts

at
the base just turn like they are stripped or something. The toilet works

ok,
I woiuld like to get it back the way it was.

Thanks.

Art Begun

I've done it myself but recently had a pro set 2 toilets and viewing
the job he did I know why he is a pro and I'm not at setting toilets.

wrote:

What needs to be done to secure a toilet that wobbles a little?

The bolts
at
the base just turn like they are stripped or something. The

toilet works
ok,
I woiuld like to get it back the way it was.

Thanks.

Just had the same problem. Called plumber. He removed toilet,
replaced wax seal, replaced floor anchors, remounted toilet and
replaced float valve and flapper.

He also replaced two under-sink valves that were frozen.

Total cost $149.86

And I didn't sweat a bit ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens

| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et

| Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus

| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 |

| E-mail Address at Website Fax480)460-2142 | Brass Rat

| http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962

I love to cook with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the

food.

You can do that yourself and by your own wax seal and floor anchors

and
spend maybe $10 bucks.

LugoMan

What needs to be done to secure a toilet that wobbles a little? The bolts
at
the base just turn like they are stripped or something. The toilet works

ok,
I woiuld like to get it back the way it was.

Maybe your ass is uneven. Use a few shims on your ass when you take a dump.