DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   self-filling freestanding (non-duct-mounted) humidifier? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/50484-self-filling-freestanding-non-duct-mounted-humidifier.html)

Chuckles October 23rd 03 07:33 PM

self-filling freestanding (non-duct-mounted) humidifier?

We don't have forced air. I'd like to get a humidifier we don't have to
fill constantly. I can run copper or plastic water pipes to the desired
location, but I can't identify a suitable humidifier.

Aprilaire makes a model with its own fan that humidifies through a wall
(e.g. mounted in a closet), but I am not crazy about making a permanent
hole, and also my experience with Aprilaire in our previous house (where we
did have forced air) was not positive.

I was hoping to locate a console-type or other freestanding humidifier
which would fill itself from an attached pipe. Either single-room or
"whole-house" capacity would be OK.

All suggestions appreciated.

CBHvac October 24th 03 05:24 AM

self-filling freestanding (non-duct-mounted) humidifier?

"Chuckles" wrote in message
s.com...
We don't have forced air. I'd like to get a humidifier we don't have to
fill constantly. I can run copper or plastic water pipes to the desired
location, but I can't identify a suitable humidifier.

Aprilaire makes a model with its own fan that humidifies through a wall
(e.g. mounted in a closet), but I am not crazy about making a permanent
hole, and also my experience with Aprilaire in our previous house (where

we
did have forced air) was not positive.

What was not positive about it?
Aprilaire makes perhaps the best unit on the market today..