Walt Conner

Default blowing insulation into side walls

Anyone have experience in blowing insulation into sidewalls? Any advice
appreciated. Siding is aluminum over fiber board lap siding over 5/8" fiber
board sheeting.

Thanks,

Walt Conner

Brad Bruce

"Walt Conner" wrote in
link.net:

Anyone have experience in blowing insulation into sidewalls? Any
advice appreciated. Siding is aluminum over fiber board lap siding
over 5/8" fiber board sheeting.

Thanks,

Walt Conner

Sounds like "an inside job". The aluminum really can't be patched if you
try to gain access from the outside.

What is the inside wall material? (Drywall, Lathe & Plaster...)

NJBrad
PhotoMan

"Brad Bruce" wrote in message
6...
"Walt Conner" wrote in
link.net:

Anyone have experience in blowing insulation into sidewalls? Any
advice appreciated. Siding is aluminum over fiber board lap siding
over 5/8" fiber board sheeting.
Thanks,
Walt Conner

Sounds like "an inside job". The aluminum really can't be patched if you
try to gain access from the outside.
What is the inside wall material? (Drywall, Lathe & Plaster...)
NJBrad

A further question - how are firestops within the wall dealt with?
Joe Arnold

Walt Conner

"What is the inside wall material? (Drywall, Lathe & Plaster...)"

Plaster, just painted and new carpet. No joy here, will have to settle for
plugs.

"A further question - how are firestops within the wall dealt with?"

I don't THNK these houses have firstops. (our son's)

Walt Conner

Gary Tait

Whereas On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 03:31:31 GMT, "Walt Conner"
scribbled:
, I thus relpy:
"What is the inside wall material? (Drywall, Lathe & Plaster...)"

Plaster, just painted and new carpet. No joy here, will have to settle for
plugs.

"A further question - how are firestops within the wall dealt with?"

I don't THNK these houses have firstops. (our son's)

Walt Conner

If it is old enough to not have insulation, you probably have a ballon
framed house, which will have no firestops.
--
Gary J. Tait . Email is at yahoo.com ; ID:classicsat

PhotoMan

"Gary Tait" wrote :

If it is old enough to not have insulation, you probably have a ballon
framed house, which will have no firestops.
--
Gary J. Tait . Email is at yahoo.com ; ID:classicsat

BUT - how are firestops dealt with IF they are present?
Joe Arnold

Chris Lewis

According to PhotoMan :

"Gary Tait" wrote :

If it is old enough to not have insulation, you probably have a ballon
framed house, which will have no firestops.

BUT - how are firestops dealt with IF they are present?
Joe Arnold

Another row of holes.

Or you figure out whether you can remove&replace siding.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est
Walt Conner

Thanks to all for responses. If it were mine, I would remove siding, blow
in insulation, re-install siding. House belongs to son and he has other
ideas.

Walt Conner

Or you figure out whether you can remove&replace siding.

Insulation: Under floor also Comparisons of mu figures of HW tank insulation etc Z UK diy 0 March 5th 04 11:10 PM
Boiler probs lodtop UK diy 114 December 17th 03 10:34 AM
Shop insulation / covering recommendations Dukester Woodworking 7 December 9th 03 02:25 PM