DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Caulking problem (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/50272-caulking-problem.html)

Dave Solly October 17th 03 02:59 PM

Caulking problem

I had my shower re-built in August. It's a walk-in shower with two walls of
tile and two wals with glass. Last week I noticed that the caulk between
the floor and the walls was "ozzing" out. The junction of the walls also
has caulking ozzing out down low. I called the people who built the shower
and they are coming out Saturday to re-caulk.

Anyone know what the problem might be? Could it be they used the wrong kind
of caulk? I don't know what they used.

Thanks.

Dave

AAA October 17th 03 08:46 PM

Caulking problem

"Dave Solly" wrote in message
I had my shower re-built in August. It's a walk-in shower with two walls

of
tile and two wals with glass. Last week I noticed that the caulk between
the floor and the walls was "ozzing" out. The junction of the walls also
has caulking ozzing out down low. I called the people who built the shower
and they are coming out Saturday to re-caulk.

Anyone know what the problem might be? Could it be they used the wrong

kind
of caulk? I don't know what they used.

Thanks.

Dave

are you sure it is caulking "oozing" out?
or is it tile mastic which is NOT recommended for wet (shower) walls?

or maybe they used regular caulking instead of bathroom silicone.

Nick Hull October 17th 03 11:01 PM

Caulking problem

In article ,
Dave Solly wrote:

I had my shower re-built in August. It's a walk-in shower with two walls of
tile and two wals with glass. Last week I noticed that the caulk between
the floor and the walls was "ozzing" out. The junction of the walls also
has caulking ozzing out down low. I called the people who built the shower
and they are coming out Saturday to re-caulk.

Anyone know what the problem might be? Could it be they used the wrong kind
of caulk? I don't know what they used.

Thanks.

Dave

Might have been bad caulk. I bought some GE caulk from WalMart and used
it in my roof, but it never set up and I had to do the whole job over.

--
Committees of Correspondence web page;
free men own guns - slaves don't

Dave Solly October 17th 03 11:29 PM

Caulking problem

"AAA" wrote in
:

"Dave Solly" wrote in message
I had my shower re-built in August. It's a walk-in shower with two
walls

of
tile and two wals with glass. Last week I noticed that the caulk
between the floor and the walls was "ozzing" out. The junction of the
walls also has caulking ozzing out down low. I called the people who
built the shower and they are coming out Saturday to re-caulk.

Anyone know what the problem might be? Could it be they used the
wrong

kind
of caulk? I don't know what they used.

Thanks.

Dave

are you sure it is caulking "oozing" out?
or is it tile mastic which is NOT recommended for wet (shower) walls?

or maybe they used regular caulking instead of bathroom silicone.

Yes, it is caulking. Maybe it isn't 100% silicone, but maybe laytex?

mark Ransley October 18th 03 12:50 AM

Caulking problem

Get a second opinion, WE cant see it, Caulk oozsing sounds like a
floor moving, or a leak from BEHIND, or cheap caulk ? get Pros
There to look