Michael Roback

Default Laying Down Vinyl Tile Floor First Time HELP HELP

Put down a Armstrong commercial floor (vinyl tiles) on a concrete floor in a
laundry closet using Taylor VCT adhesive about a week ago. This material
scratches almost immediately. Well it is going in a laundry closet so no
one will really be walking on it.

Got glue on the concrete outside of the
closet where carpet is going.. I cleaned it up by taking a paper towel
lightly damp with paint thinner and then scraped it off. Could the thinner
seep under the tiles and loosen them? I did not saturate it just barely
touched the surface with the paper towel but it was next to existing affixed
tiles..

Also a couple of the tiles were so badly scratched I decided to
replace them and now that I have I notice that the seam of a couple are
slightly higher than the other but barely. Is this normal? Did not want to
drench that one with remover so I just scraped what I could and added more
adhesive.

I will seal with a sealer in a few days. Several of the tiles
have noticeable scratches on them. Is this normal for this commercial type
vinyl tile????

Also, this is going down on a concrete floor on grade. Is it necessary
to seal/waterproof it. I didn't.

OT-John Kerry Gunner Metalworking 137 February 11th 04 07:38 PM
Tiling Advice - Any good reason I cant use mortar as Wall Tile Adhesive SledgehammerSteve UK diy 12 December 22nd 03 04:16 PM