Default Preparing my Hot Tub for the Winter

I have a Sundance Optima (about 500 gallons) Hot Tub which I won't use
during the Winter. Last year I kept the water in the tub and when
Spring came the water was scummy & discolored and the spa needed a good
cleaning.

I was thinking of emptying it this year and was wondering if there are
special instructions on how to prepare the spa for Winter. Or should I
simply leave the water in the spa but be sure to manage the chemical
levels over the Winter?. I live in Central, New Jersey.

Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sy

--
Please post and reply to
WORSS

Just wondering....why don't you use it in the winter? I have a Sundance
also and live in upstate NY. I use my hot tub more in the winter than in
the summer. I set the tub at 102 degrees and it is wonderful on those cold
evenings. I don't go in when it gets near zero, but otherwise really enjoy
it. You should try it!

Bill
wrote in message

I have a Sundance Optima (about 500 gallons) Hot Tub which I won't use
during the Winter. Last year I kept the water in the tub and when
Spring came the water was scummy & discolored and the spa needed a good
cleaning.

I was thinking of emptying it this year and was wondering if there are
special instructions on how to prepare the spa for Winter. Or should I
simply leave the water in the spa but be sure to manage the chemical
levels over the Winter?. I live in Central, New Jersey.

Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sy

--
Please post and reply to

In article , WORSS
wrote:

I hate the cold and even though my door entrance is only about 15 feet
away I can't bear the idea of being out there in the middle of Winter.

What does it do for you?

Sy