Sharon Dunne

Default Awnings

Hi,

I am new to this group, and I was wondering if anyone could give some advise
about canvas awnings.

It is approaching summer and my house gets very hot and I was thinking about
having awnings installed on my windows. My house is fibreglass with
cladding on top of it so the awnings will have to be installed on the window
frames.

My question is, are awnings effective at reducing the heat? Or am I wasting
my money?

Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sharon.

Sharon Dunne

Thanks John,

Sharon.
"John_B" wrote in message
Sharon Dunne wrote:
Hi,

I am new to this group, and I was wondering if anyone could give some

advise
about canvas awnings.

It is approaching summer and my house gets very hot and I was thinking

about
having awnings installed on my windows. My house is fiberglass with
cladding on top of it so the awnings will have to be installed on the

window
frames.

My question is, are awnings effective at reducing the heat? Or am I

wasting
my money?

Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sharon.

Our house has a picture window in the living room. We are in the
mountains of Northern New Jersey, overlooking a lake which was
opened as a summer resort in 1929. We do NOT have air conditioning.

A few years after we moved in, we had an awning installed over it
with an electric motor to roll it up and down. The difference in
living room temperature with the awning up or down is quite noticeable.