Dan

Default Craftsman self propelled mower Question

I have a craftsman self propelled push mower about 8 years old that
needs a new belt to drive the self propelled gearbox. They have put a
plastic shield over this belt making it seam impossible to change.
Does anyone know the trick to changing this belt. I cant see anyway to
get this belt off without removing this shield and the plastic shield
wont come off either!
Thanks in advance
ROBMURR

most of the craftsman mowers that have
a plastic shield will snap in place and or
will have a screw that holds it in place.
It usually is covered in grass and rusty
so it may be hard to see...
CMF

Before driving yourself nuts, I went thru a similar situation, Craftsman
self propelled lawn mower, wasn't propelling. I could lift the back of the
mower off the ground with the mechanism engaged, and the wheels would turn.
put them down on the ground, nothing. Not strong enough to push it. So, I
special ordered the belt, paid a premium, had to drive to pick it up, went
thru the ordeal of changing (I don't remember how I got the plastic shield
off, but I managed) got it all working, and the new belt was no better than
the old one. I was more than a little ****ed.

That was my experience; your's may and will hopefully vary and be better for
you.

Maury
Wylie, TX