Rich

Default Craftsman garage door opener question

Hi folks,

We just bought a house, it was from an estate. The garage door opener
has a keypad on the outside. Is there a way to find out the code, or is the
keypad just a lost cause?

TIA,
Rich

tflfb

If its a craftsman its probably a Stanley , you can most likely find
re-program instructions on the net, Google.

Is it a gray pad?I have instructions on how to re-program the key pad, you
will also have to change the dip switches on the overhead unit in the garage
and on the remotes that are in the car.

"Rich" wrote in message
om...
Hi folks,

We just bought a house, it was from an estate. The garage door opener
has a keypad on the outside. Is there a way to find out the code, or is

the
keypad just a lost cause?

TIA,
Rich

Jerry Levine

Craftsman are not Genies. They are Chamberlains. Go to www.chamberlain.com
and they'll give you instructions on reprogramming. If you have 'rolling
codes' I'm pretty sure you just have to hold it up to the unit, press the
red button and then put your new numbers in.
"Rich" wrote in message
om...
Hi folks,

We just bought a house, it was from an estate. The garage door opener
has a keypad on the outside. Is there a way to find out the code, or is

the
keypad just a lost cause?

TIA,
Rich

DaveG

You can just reprogram in a new code. How you do this depends on the age of
the unit.
You may be able to download an owners manual from Sear's web site, if they
have one.
The owners manual is good to have in the event you need to adjust the door
opening and such.
Dave

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 15:56:47 -0500, "tflfb" wrote:

If its a craftsman its probably a Stanley , you can most likely find
re-program instructions on the net, Google.

Craftsman Garage door openers have been made by LiftMaster/Chamberlain
for more than 35 years (and they still are).

The key pad at the door (if it is wireless and brown) can be reset to
a new code by TWO people, one inside at the power head has t press the
button until the led comes on and the person at the door enters the
new 4 digit code. If it is gray/tan it is newer and can be done at
the door by one person.