DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   applying wallpaper mural to sheet of plywood (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/48987-applying-wallpaper-mural-sheet-plywood.html)

kdoret August 19th 03 09:39 PM

applying wallpaper mural to sheet of plywood

I am purchasing a large wallpaper mural, and instead of applying it
directly to the wall, I would like to put it on a sheet of plywood
(for the purpose of easy removal and re-selling the mural someday).

I have no experience hanging wallpaper. Does anyone see a problem
with applying a wallpaper mural to plywood (or MDF), if the surface is
properly prepared and primed?

Also, does wallpaper have any flex to it once applied--I'm wondering
if it would split if removed from the wall as the sheet of plywood is
flexed?

Thanks!

B August 20th 03 12:40 AM

applying wallpaper mural to sheet of plywood

Even if you find or make the plywood as smooth as wallboard, the plywood
will warp in a short time and your mural will look bad, and who will want to
buy a mural on plywood anyway?

om...