TTL

Default Need advice: My patio sliding door (stationary) got stuck.

I want to remove my stationary sliding door to replace it with a new
one but I could not get it slided to the middle. after removing the
door holding bracket, two 90 degree brackets at top and bottom, I
still cannot pull it to the middle. is there any more hidden screws
somewhere? do I have to remove any part of the frame where it holds
the door in place? Please help with instruction. my email address is
at the top. I can send a digital picture to show how it looks like.
thanks.

tt

TTL wrote:

I want to remove my stationary sliding door to replace it with a new
one but I could not get it slided to the middle. after removing the
door holding bracket, two 90 degree brackets at top and bottom, I
still cannot pull it to the middle. is there any more hidden screws
somewhere? do I have to remove any part of the frame where it holds
the door in place? Please help with instruction. my email address is
at the top. I can send a digital picture to show how it looks like.
thanks.

tt

on my patio door you have two 90 deg. brackets one on the top and one on
the bottom(you also have four screws on the stationary side on the
outside(away from the moving door) that are holding the stationary door
from moving... after removing all this i then have to shove the door to
the middle.. somethimes(i do it pretty often to get rid of dog hair that
slows it down).. i need a screw driver or other pry type tool to get it
started to move to the middle, both top and bottom... and a couple of
good hit in the center of the outside piece to shove it to the middle..
once it breaks loose it moves... when in the center of the opening the
stationary door(which is outside) will be lifted up slightly and then
removed out to the back yard.. then the moveable door can be put in the
middle and removed by lifting slightly and the bottom goes out to the
back yard and they are both off the frame....
hope this helps.....