DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Oil for Norton Door Closer (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/48732-re-oil-norton-door-closer.html)

Stormin Mormon August 16th 03 01:39 PM

Oil for Norton Door Closer

I do some building hardware work. The guys I talk to say that you use Dexron
or Type F automatic transmision fluid.

Sounds like more trouble than it's worth for a CC, if it's working OK.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"N.G. Reader" wrote in message
While manipulating the adjustment screw for a salvaged Norton Door
Closer I lost (spilled) about a cc of the hydraulic fluid.

What kind of fluid or oil do I need to replace it with?

Or should I just leave it alone? It seems to work OK.
What will the effect of the air in the system be if I don't replace the
lost fluid?

Thank you.

N.G. Reader August 16th 03 04:32 PM

Oil for Norton Door Closer