DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   New roof (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/48424-new-roof.html)

Harmony Seldon August 8th 03 07:19 PM

New roof

How much do you think I would be likely to pay
for a new roof?

1830 square ft.

Travis Jordan August 8th 03 08:30 PM

New roof

Harmony Seldon wrote:
How much do you think I would be likely to pay
for a new roof?

1830 square ft.

Well, it depends.

What kind of roof? Asphalt shingles, clay tile, concrete tile, shakes,
composite, metal roof?

What slope (5 to 12, 8 to 12, greater?)

Where in the world are you, and how strong is your currency?

Larry Caldwell August 8th 03 09:02 PM

New roof

(Harmony Seldon) writes:
How much do you think I would be likely to pay
for a new roof?

1830 square ft.

Somewhere between $900 and $12,000, depending.

--
http://home.teleport.com/~larryc

Yen August 8th 03 09:13 PM

New roof

"Jack Lime" wrote in message
Harmony Seldon wrote:

How much do you think I would be likely to pay
for a new roof?

1830 square ft.

At least $100..

Or less, if you happen to live in a thatched hut.

Harmony Seldon August 8th 03 09:14 PM

New roof

Travis Jordan wrote:
Harmony Seldon wrote:
How much do you think I would be likely to pay
for a new roof?

1830 square ft.

Well, it depends.

What kind of roof? Asphalt shingles, clay tile, concrete tile,
shakes, composite, metal roof?

What slope (5 to 12, 8 to 12, greater?)

Where in the world are you, and how strong is your currency?

The roof that is on it is a shingle and that is what I will probably
go with.

It's steep. I think it is a 40 degree slope.

I'm in the USA in a state called Texas.(you might have heard of it)

The currency is stronger than I am.

I plan to check prices on metal roofs.

Harmony Seldon August 8th 03 11:07 PM

New roof

Larry Caldwell wrote:
(Harmony Seldon) writes:
How much do you think I would be likely to pay
for a new roof?

1830 square ft.

Somewhere between $900 and $12,000, depending.

The $900 wouldn't be a problem.

Edwin Pawlowski August 9th 03 03:13 AM

New roof

"Harmony Seldon" wrote in message

I plan to check prices on metal roofs.

Price I had was 4X the price of a shingle roof
Ed

Harmony Seldon August 9th 03 05:53 AM

New roof

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Harmony Seldon" wrote in message

I plan to check prices on metal roofs.

Price I had was 4X the price of a shingle roof
Ed

I'll probably go with the least expensive option.

3GCPO August 9th 03 10:13 PM

New roof

"Harmony Seldon" wrote in message
John_B wrote:
The "footprint" of the foundation slab for my house in Northern New
Jersey is 968 square feet, so the roof is about 1000 to 1100 square
feet

In 1996 I paid $2825 to tear off two layers of asphalt shingles, put
on two strips of "ice dam" stuff, and one new layer of asphalt.

My roof measures 61' x 30'. The way I calculate it comes out
to 1830 square feet.

Am I correct?

yes, you are correct...........
providing that is all sides of the roof (61' x 30')
it would cost you aprox. $2500 for a "new" roof
not a tear off.

_\ \ \ | / / / _
( ' 0 - - 0 ' )
-----ooO----(__)----Ooo-----
3GCPO

Harmony Seldon August 10th 03 07:29 AM

New roof

yes, you are correct...........
providing that is all sides of the roof (61' x 30')
it would cost you aprox. $2500 for a "new" roof
not a tear off.

3GCPO

I could probably handle that.

I heard an add on the radio today where they advertized
roofs that would last 10, 15 and 20 years with the price
depending on which roof I want.

How long do you think I could expect the roof to last
when paying $2500?