Lex

Default SQC Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Appliance Problem

I am having a problem with my SQC Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water
Appliance (w/o air gap).

I have been noticing that I barely get a single glass of water before
it runs out. A few minutes later I get the same amount of water. It
is as if its not pulling any water from the storage tank - I just get
the water that is in the hose.

Last night I opened the storage tank and it was completely full. All
the lines seemed to be clear. I emptied the tank and hooked it back
up. The tank filled up and I am getting the same results.

Any idea what might be happening?

Regards
Gary Slusser

"Lex" wrote
I am having a problem with my SQC Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water
Appliance (w/o air gap).

I have been noticing that I barely get a single glass of water before
it runs out. A few minutes later I get the same amount of water. It
is as if its not pulling any water from the storage tank - I just get
the water that is in the hose.

Last night I opened the storage tank and it was completely full. All
the lines seemed to be clear. I emptied the tank and hooked it back
up. The tank filled up and I am getting the same results.

Any idea what might be happening?

Regards

You need to shut off the water to the RO and empty the tank and check
the air pressure precharge. You use a tire pressure gauge to do that. I
don't know what it would be for the make you have but usually it is
somewhere around 5-7 psi up. The higher the pressure the less water is
stored in the tank. The bladder may be broken in the tank and that would
require a new tank, they are usually not replaceable. If you get water
when you check the pressure, or when you leave air out with the valve
pointed down, the bladder is broken.

Gary
Quality Water Associates

HF 34706 lathe Dominic Palazzola Woodturning 56 March 8th 04 12:21 PM
Why is this a bad idea? Mike Hibbert UK diy 18 August 29th 03 12:59 AM
Water system problem BigWallop UK diy 2 August 8th 03 12:12 PM
Huge water bill; freeze; meter failure; who should pay? Scoot Home Repair 10 July 22nd 03 03:51 AM